Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery by Koush is Done!!!

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Found this posted on Droid-Life.

Koush’s Bootstrap Recovery Method Works On DROID2
On 08.30.10, In News, Root (unlock), by Kellex

For those that purchased a Droid 2 and have rooted your device, get ready for your own set of custom ROMs to start hitting the interwebs. Koush released a Droid 2 Bootstrap which appears to work flawlessly and allows you quick access to Clockwork Recovery to create backups, flash ROMs (once they are made) and have control over every aspect of your new phone.
Rooting instructions here.
Bootstrap info here.
Happy hacking!
Cheers @slayher!

Do a market search for Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery. It is there and live. =)

Last edited:

Polymira

Reaction score
Installed and awesome! Can't wait for a more stock rom without blur.

Even if we have to keep the same kernel.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

bhughesiii

Reaction score
This is great news! I do not have a D2 as of yet, I am waiting for ROM's first... Looks like I will be thinking D2 a bit sooner than expected.

slayher

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 with out asking. It looks like alot of people who called for a replacement last week got a d2 today lol

jcsugrue

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 with out asking. It looks like alot of people who called for a replacement last week got a d2 today lol

I am one of those. I was told I was being shipped a d1 but got a d2, today.:icon_ banana:

I actually got my Eris replaced with a Motorola Droid, because I complained about the no audio bug, then called because my V key fell off, and they sent me a Droid 2. Not a bad deal.

shinkamui

Reaction score
This is a recovery hack. You aren't installing full custom roms using it. And we aren't replacing the kernel with it. Probably shouldn't be getting so excited until you know what it means.

revision

Reaction score
This is a recovery hack. You aren't installing full custom roms using it. And we aren't replacing the kernel with it. Probably shouldn't be getting so excited until you know what it means.

People are just happy because it's the beginning, not a single one of them claimed it was a new kernel or a rom. This is simply the doorway getting opened a little more towards custom ROMs showing up. Ease up.

shinkamui

Reaction score
Taking it personal? There wasn't rude intent behind my post. However, nothing worse than reading a thread topic only to discover the situation wasn't correctly represented. Hardly worth arguing about here though. Don't let me ruin your excitement.

revision

Reaction score
Sorry must have just misread the tone and mistaken it for rude. I guess I'm just not sure how it was misrepresented with stating the Bootstrap recovery by Koush was done.