Clockwork Recovery Via Droid2 Bootstrap

StingRay

Reaction score
According to a Twitter post by Koush via P3Droid, the Droid2 Bootstrap app in the Android Market will work on the Droid Pro...must be rooted first, which can be accomplished with z4root...

Clockwork Recovery through Bootstrap should permit a nandroid backup of the stock ROM...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blingchopr

Reaction score
According to a Twitter post by Koush via P3Droid, the Droid2 Bootstrap app in the Android Market will work on the Droid Pro...must be rooted first, which can be accomplished with z4root...

Clockwork Recovery through Bootstrap should permit a nandroid backup of the stock ROM...

that is awesome! already have it on my sd card from when i was using my droid 2. hope some themes start coming soon! really wanting a black notification bar!!

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Confimed - Bootstrap work. CW Recovery installed. I understand understand roms (at least 1 very popular rom) and associated themes heading this way!!

Dustin.

Reaction score
Fission is the only ROM out for the Droid Pro at the moment I do believe.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think fission is available for the pro yet. Although they may be the first as they are still the only ones with a d2g.

Just a word of caution, now that you pro users have cm recovery, be very careful what if anything you do there. Still no sbf, unless of course I missed something.

tappin and a talkin

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
No, I believe you are correct..no sbf..this is still a locked bootloader, so proceed with caution..

I am coming from OG Droid, so I'm going to have to slow down and do things a little different on the Pro...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tbh may eventually come out with a dp sbf though I think its just that the dev community hasn't really been all that interested in the pro. Yet at least.

tappin and a talkin

blingchopr

Reaction score
anyone know of any themes that will work. i took a chance last night and tried the black glass theme for the droid 2 but it just kept rebooting. i just want a black notification bar and id be happy for right now. i just don't know how to do it myself.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It shouldn't be to hard to port themes to the pro. At least I don't think it would. However it would probably require someone with some theme knowledge that also owned a pro. Hopefully you guys get some love soon.

tappin and a talkin

karangrewal

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to backup the STOCK recovery? and how to flash it back?

Already rooted via Z4Root on Dpro.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will always have the stock recovery on the dp. The bootstrap simply injects cm recovery in between the processes of booting and being booted if that makes sense.

tappin and a talkin