kitkat

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
With an 82 Stingray Corvette with 235,000 miles on it and still running hard (replaced/rebuilt EVERYTHING) what is bluetooth? :biggrin:

:rockon:

en28so

Reaction score
Nothing to lose except possibly pairing to you car :) I've seen that one a god bit.

I know that it's a PITA, but the rule of thumb is that a factory reset would be the best way to run a phone after a big OS update no? How many people actually do that would be interesting to know.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know that it's a PITA, but the rule of thumb is that a factory reset would be the best way to run a phone after a big OS update no? How many people actually do that would be interesting to know.

I have read that tip on a few forums. I have never done it in the past and never had an issue upgrading to a new OS version (maybe I was lucky?). But, after reading about some of the app incompatibilities with Kit Kat on the Moto forum, I am considering a FDR before the update this time. More than likely though, I will uninstall all Play Store apps, wipe the cache & then install the update. Then install Play Store apps one at a time to make sure they work correctly. It's still time consuming, but not as much as a FDR. I saw a list floating around somewhere once with known apps that are not compatible with Kit Kat, but can't remember where. At the time I read it, I only had one Play Store app that was incompatible & it might have been updated since then.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Hitting a mild bump in the road with that Corvette would unpair the phone anyway ;)

stemo

Reaction score
I was patiently waiting for it on my RAZR m.... Until yesterday my wife and I went and got the moto x.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, we are past Easter. Now where is it> :)

Hopefully not too much longer. But, seeing how many other models Verizon has released KK for this week, they might not be able to update many more at once. Verizon seems to be rolling out KK pretty steady this week, so maybe we are next?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
"The update should be available in a few weeks, according to Motorola Mobility's Senior Director of Software Product Management David Schuster. He wrote on Google+:"

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Just got the MotoX. It upgraded to 4.4.2. So far so good. Can't find a way to delete home screens. Lots of different stuff...yikes.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what's going to happen with my SD card when I updat my os to kitkat on my note 2? Ive read many things. Am I going to loose all items stored on the card?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Google never intended to store apps on the SD card as most apps are not designed to run from the SD. Plus apps running from the SD will run slower.

Timfhothy

Reaction score
only the announcement that we will get it.

9.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg