KILLRom Discussion Thread

kwyrt

Reaction score
Discussion thread for D4 KILLRom

I didn’t want to start this in the Dev section as I am NOT the developer behind this ROM. All thanks go to dhacker and droidtheory for this ROM.

My impressions so far:
* Awesome amount of customization
* Very fast
* Gapps are included

Only bugs I’ve noticed are those typical of D4 ROMs built off of Android 4.2.1 (incoming call bug, etc.)

Give it a try and let everyone know what you think!

Link: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing killrom

Updates:

New 01/05 build out with "big fixes" per dhacker.

01/07 build is up on goo.im. Per dhacker new build should fix some FC issues.

OP
kwyrt

kwyrt

Reaction score
3 for 3 on incoming calls so far with call mode set to vibrate. :D

Sent from my Droid 4 - KILLRom

OP
kwyrt

kwyrt

Reaction score
This is the setup I've been using to get around the incoming call bug:

Ring Mode: Normal

Phone Ringtone: Silent

Vibrate when ringing: Checked

I have not had any trouble with incoming calls with this setup and it still allows notification sounds to come through. This setup should work on all D4 4.2.1 ROMs (KILLRom, Liquid, CM10.1).

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
not really a daily driver yet, much slower then akop.. no camera flash, no mms, no keyboard lights, no brightness level adjustment

OP
kwyrt

kwyrt

Reaction score
not really a daily driver yet, much slower then akop.. no camera flash, no mms, no keyboard lights, no brightness level adjustment

Speed seems OK to me personally. Seems to run smoother after a day or so as well. Takes time to settle in I guess. Battery life seemed much better after the first day as well. Work around for mms is same as all our JB based ROMs. Use GoSMS or another third party app. The lack of keyboard lights is a pain though.

Sent from my Droid 4 - KILLRom

OP
kwyrt

kwyrt

Reaction score
Per tweet from dhacker: “Moto KILLROM users someone tweeted me earlier and stated that if you turn off the lockscreen you can turn the ringtone back on” I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to test this out. If anyone wants to try it let us now if it works. I'll be testing this out this evening.