keyboard

msu

Reaction score
Is there or ever going to be a better keyboard layout? I have better keyboard installed simply because it looks better than the stock keyboard, but I'm always txting typing in regular mode and not landscape. I can handle the wide landscape layout, but the keys are way to close in normal mode for anything I have used.
I put mine against my buddies iphone and his keys were farther apart. This seems to be my only complaint about this phone so far.

mjs31

Reaction score
Is there or ever going to be a better keyboard layout? I have better keyboard installed simply because it looks better than the stock keyboard, but I'm always txting typing in regular mode and not landscape. I can handle the wide landscape layout, but the keys are way to close in normal mode for anything I have used.
I put mine against my buddies iphone and his keys were farther apart. This seems to be my only complaint about this phone so far.

Personally I dont have to much of an issue with the virtual keyboard. I would love to have the option to use Swype for portrait but have stock work for landscape. Like you though...I wouldnt mind just a tad larger gap in portrait mode. I much prefer to type in landscape when possible, but many times it has to be protrait mode.

I dont mind better keyboard, but find their auto correct to be lacking.

loop4zil

Reaction score

I just installed Swype and playing with it now. It is pretty cool. Started a thread on Swype's merits. Here is a screen shot in portrait...

check it out
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/22233-holy-cow-i-just-tried-swype.html

Last edited:
OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I have shapeWriter installed, but really don't like how it works. Keys are small also if I need to type something. I suppose I will try swype out, I mean what do I have to loose.

I just have way to many errors with the small keys. But, that is just me.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Seems like swipe is the winner for me. the more I use it, the more I like it.