Keyboard keeps freezing

Aiwa

Reaction score
My keyboard freezes after I type a little bit and then my watch dog tells me but it wont kill the keyboard I gotta restart the phone everytime its super annoyig please help

DROID X Aiwa

leftspin

Reaction score
Settings>applications>manage applications>keyboard>clear cache, force stop

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
There's only multi-touch keyboard and it doesn't have a clear cache there. Am I looking in the wrong place? Also im using gb liberty

DROID X Aiwa

leftspin

Reaction score
Multi touch keyboard is what I meant, sorry. If you're interested, i recommend SwiftKey X from the market, it's much nicer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
I installed that but my keyboard looks the same. I don't have a clear cache in my menu! It keeps freezing

DROID X Aiwa

leftspin

Reaction score
I installed that but my keyboard looks the same. I don't have a clear cache in my menu! It keeps freezing

DROID X Aiwa

you need to select it as the keyboard. go to anywhere you can enter text, hold it down, and when the menu comes up pick choose input method

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
Hold "it" down. What's it? Sorry if im being stupid but I can't get the menu to pop up

DROID X Aiwa

leftspin

Reaction score
Hold "it" down. What's it? Sorry if im being stupid but I can't get the menu to pop up

DROID X Aiwa

sorry I realized after I posted that it was a horrible explanation, totally my bad

open up your text messaging application and in the spot where you would tap to bring up your keyboard and start typing, hold your finger down. It should give you a short haptic feedback and pop up with a menu that says select input method. Then choose Swiftkey X instead of Android Keyboard and follow the instructions to set it up

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
Wow this keyboard is so much cooler. And its working fine thankks man!!

DROID X Aiwa

persist

Reaction score
Runrick: Hi, my name is Runrick. How may I help you?
joe: droid x keyboard freezing up after system update
Runrick: Hi, Joe!
Runrick: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I’ll do my best to assist you on this.
Runrick: Let's try to clear cache partition in your device.
joe: how
Runrick: 1.Turn off phone
2.Press and hold Power key + Home hard key to power on the phone and bring up a triangle with an exclamation point inside next to a green Android graphic.
3.Press both Volume buttons down together to show the Android recovery menu.
4.Use volume buttons to scroll up or down in this menu. Highlight "wipe cache partition"
5.Tap Power button hard key to confirm the selection.
6.Handset will ask you to "Confirm wipe of all user data"
7.Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
8.Tap Power button hard key to confirm the selection and start wipeout of phone, handset will begin to format handset showing progress with multiple lines of ellipses (....)
9.Handset may take from 5-20 minutes to format.
10.When format is complete, Tap Power button when prompted to reboot (Reboot system now will be highlighted)

Runrick: This will not delete any data form your device.
Runrick: Are the steps responding?
joe: yes rebooting now
Runrick: Great.
joe: seems better slow response on select
Runrick: I would suggest resetting the phone to default settings if it continues to freeze so that the phone can adapt to its new software.
joe: ok
Runrick: Anything else I can check for you today, Joe?
joe: how to set to default

Runrick: To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:
Open the Applications Tray. (arrow pointing up located in the middle at the bottom of the display screen)

Touch Settings

Touch Privacy

Touch Factory data reset

Touch Reset Phone

Touch Erase Everything
Runrick: Please know that in doing reset, your downloaded applications will be deleted. E-mails, contacts and text messages as well.
joe: will I loose contacts etc
Runrick: Yes, Joe.
joe: ok think I will wait and see how this first step goes then try default if not fixed
joe: all done thanks
Runrick: You're welcome!
Runrick: I hope you found our chat to be helpful. I would request that take a moment to fill out a short survey to tell us how we did after you click 'Disconnect', please remember to click on the 'Close' button within the chat window. The survey should only take about 1 minute to complete. Your responses will help us get better at serving your needs. If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Runrick has disconnected.