Multi-Touch keeps freezing phone Help

Moroney167

Reaction score
For some reason now my damn phone won't let me use the muti-touch keyboard. Worked fine for long enough and now freezes on the "." (Period) button. Once or twice now it did on the spacebar but mostly period. It happens everytime you try and within a sentence freezes up. WTF.

Running Gingerbread .595 Rooted

I can't STAND using swype so if someone has soemthign I can do that would be great. I would like to avoid a wipe but I guess if needed. Rather try suggestions first.

Thanks

tatuud

Reaction score
Try settings/application/manage applications/all...then locate multi-touch keyboard...clear data, reboot phone. You should be ok after that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
If clearing the keyboard data doesn't work, try a third party keyboard. Swiftkey X beta is still available and it works great. Just search for it in the market.

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Try settings/application/manage applications/all...then locate multi-touch keyboard...clear data, reboot phone. You should be ok after that.

So far this is working great. Thanks very much!

Man was swype a flop

djdynamite

Reaction score
that was only a temporary fix for me

still cant use punctuation
i wish i could show some emotion here

Reaction score
I tried the clear data thing too. Didn't help. Only choice was a third party keyboard. Those have not given me ant problems.