Spacebar is broken/Keyboard Freezes Phone

cjb5327

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here for the rookie, but im having some very annoying issues with my DROID X. Everytime I try to type on my keyboard whether its TXT, Email, Facebook etc. my spacebar decides not to work and I have to use periods to separate words. That was last week, now, My keyboard freezes after about 10 characters are typed in and then when i press the home button i see half of my home screen and half of my keyboard, then it freezes copmpletely and i have to turn off and turn back on. Same thing occurs within safe mode as well. I know a supposed update came out for this specific issue (I still see no system update). Any help or comments

thanks

rllamarca

Reaction score
im having the same issue as of 9-27-11 as well, started using go keyboard for the time being but i want my stock one back.

Sadface

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as of 9-27-11, what is going on? My phone is still doing it and I have taken out the battery, left it off all night, restarts, etc and nothing is helping.. I can only use my touch keyboard because my actual keyboard makes the text freeze and then I have to hit home and then I go back to where I was writing and the entire message has been erased. When I do get my messages written using my touch keyboard, some of the words short out and don't show up. And as I'm typing, I hit space and the keyboard goes away.. Very annoying.
My poor droid 2 :(

Sadface

Reaction score
Solution

Solution to this space bar problem, go to your nearest verizon store. Tell them what is going on and they CAN fix it. Quick, easy, and very painless! They go through your settings, hit some magic buttons, and ta-da all fixed in under 3 minutes. :)

imixit

Reaction score
You don't need Verizon store, its an easy fix... Go to <SETTINGS>, go to <Applications>, scroll to <Manage Applications>, select <ALL> at the top, scroll down to <Multi-Touch Keyboard>, and hit <Clear Data> button. That is it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

lchavez289

Reaction score
You don't need Verizon store, its an easy fix... Go to <SETTINGS>, go to <Applications>, scroll to <Manage Applications>, select <ALL> at the top, scroll down to <Multi-Touch Keyboard>, and hit <Clear Data> button. That is it.

This is true. Going into a store is a waste of time. The only things we are suggesting are 1.what "imixit" just said. 2. Download Gingerbread keyboard 2.3 from the market. It is a known problem. Factory reset, warranty replacement.. they're all going to have the same problem. Now, a week ago Verizon said that an update was already being pushed out to fix this.
-LC

FCativiela

Reaction score
Thank you for this fix...I was having the same problems and thought I was going to loose everything by having to get a new phone...thanks for the well written steps.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Prelude90

Reaction score
I will try this on my buddy's phone.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

camel92

Reaction score

You, sir, have made my live so much easier. May you have a very prosperous life ahead of you.

nessa8825

Reaction score
This forum has been a life saver for me!! I was on the brink of smashing this phone until I followed all your suggestions! It seemed to have worked for now!
I say for now because this all started with a new update that was installed! so thank you all!!!

Avintril

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!

I was having the same problem! And IMIXIT you are a god lol!! Been searching for weeks for a solution to my keyboard/space bar issues! Your solution seemed to fix it!!! Yay I can text again!!!