Keyboard issues

woahdroid

Reaction score
Had my phone maybe 2 months and the keyboard has really slowed down. It take forever to make selections and really slow. Any fixes? Hard reset only helps for a couple hours.

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
Had my phone maybe 2 months and the keyboard has really slowed down. It take forever to make selections and really slow. Any fixes? Hard reset only helps for a couple hours.

I have found most keyboards seem to do this. I currently have not ever had that happen with Swiftkey X and have been running it since it was first beta. Sometimes clearing the user dictionary will help, but I recommend Swiftkey X. Great keyboard and very fast.

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
I'm currently using swift key x and I love it. But it's still slowing down. It seems that wherever a text box is there's lag. I'll call verizon.

M

Mwsr

Im using gb keyboard and have had my phone a month or 2 and my texts are slowing down and the keyboard itself.

midweststreetryders.com

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
That's what's happening to me! I called verizon they offered me the X2 should I take it.

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
Didn't take it. I love my I incredible too much. Verizon couldn't fix it but the tech sucks. I'll figure it out.

ABQNM

Reaction score
That's what's happening to me! I called verizon they offered me the X2 should I take it.

It has happened on every phone I have tried with gb to some extent. The stock gb keyboard slows down the most and quickest. For some reason I have been lucky that SwiftKey x has given me no slowdowns.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I use swiftkey briefly for a bit. I thought it was nice but i liked some features on stock keyboard like the arrow keys and I forget what other feature.. but I loved swiftkey's fast delete

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
I use swiftkey briefly for a bit. I thought it was nice but i liked some features on stock keyboard like the arrow keys and I forget what other feature.. but I loved swiftkey's fast delete

SwiftKey X has the arrow keys too. They are just turned off by default. They are in swiftkey settings under theme and layout.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Derp? How did I miss that option. I see it now. Yay for amazon Apps giving me free SwiftKey X. I wish I could switch the position of the period and question mark seeing how I'm so use to typing with stock.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I don't know if you like dark themes but the neon theme is pretty cool for swiftkey x. It is black with blue glowing letters.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Yea I was using the dark theme. The only thing about he neon would be the purplish parts. But pretty good app

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone types with swift key not on portrait cause I keep pressing the arrow key by accident apparently. And it keeps auto completing random things when attempting to make my o_O