Kernels Tested

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
only the stock one worked with goggles...the other kernels lacked ipv6 support.

Slayher says:
For FC's with Google Goggles insmod ipv6.ko. It relies on the ipv6 and FCs without it. The module is there you just have to insert it

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

Not sure how close to a normal Linux system Android is, but there are a couple of ways in Linux that you could tell the system to load the module at boot. Perhaps this could be built into future versions of the rom.

module is where and insert it how????

It would be found in:
/system/lib/modules
Which should be in the path so it can be inserted by running:
insmod ipv6.ko

Are you asking how it could be inserted at boot?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
only the stock one worked with goggles...the other kernels lacked ipv6 support.

Slayher says:
For FC's with Google Goggles insmod ipv6.ko. It relies on the ipv6 and FCs without it. The module is there you just have to insert it

Not sure how close to a normal Linux system Android is, but there are a couple of ways in Linux that you could tell the system to load the module at boot. Perhaps this could be built into future versions of the rom.

Ok, figured out how to load it at boot too:

There is a file:
/system/etc/init.d/04modules

Edit it to say this:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load any extra modules
MODULES="/system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko"

for i in $MODULES;
do
      insmod $i;
done

Then the ipv6 module will be loaded at boot and we can use the Slayher kernels and make Goggles happy. Cake.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ok

Slayher says:

Ok, figured out how to load it at boot too:

There is a file:
/system/etc/init.d/04modules

Edit it to say this:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load any extra modules
MODULES="/system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko"

for i in $MODULES;
do
      insmod $i;
done

Then the ipv6 module will be loaded at boot and we can use the Slayher kernels and make Goggles happy. Cake.

ok must of been working on this while you wre typing here :)
i have found a better script thanks cvcps.
its working now with 2.0. on slayher kernels.
I had been having problem getting the scripts to run at boot up but i gues i finanly figure it out.
1.X does not have the required stuff to run scripts at boot up so youll have to wait for 2.0
Im trying to get this out but it just seems to be 1 set back after another.
go ahead and try out the p3 droid leak while you wait will jsut make 2.0 seem so much better :)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I have been reading the some folks lost root while trying p3's version and had some other issues. I have it but i'm not installing. 2.0...

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I believe this is based off P3Droid's kernels, but I could be wrong. It is a very low voltage kernel apparently because it even gives me occassional reboots but the smartass governor is a nice addition. It basically will scale down your cpu when the screen is off without having to use any profiles in SetCPU. Check out the Overclocking 101 thread for more information regarding the governor.

But I get GREAT performance and snappiness out of this with it set on Smartass or Interactive. I do get some reboots rarely though when I overload my phone which is rare. I also have a phone that can handle low voltages relatively friendly.

I forgot where I even found this kernel but was somewhere in his section of the forums...and was buried within an unrelated thread. Please direct any further questions to him.

Edit: CPU temperature monitoring is not enabled by default. To enable, run the following from a terminal app

Code:
su
insmod /system/lib/modules/omap34xx_temp.ko

Or you can attach the insmod /system/lib/modules/omap34xx_temp.ko in one of your startup scripts in /system/etc/init.d/

Last edited:

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
I believe this is based off P3Droid's kernels, but I could be wrong. It is a very low voltage kernel apparently because it even gives me occassional reboots but the smartass governor is a nice addition. It basically will scale down your cpu when the screen is off without having to use any profiles in SetCPU. Check out the Overclocking 101 thread for more information regarding the governor.

But I get GREAT performance and snappiness out of this with it set on Smartass or Interactive. I do get some reboots rarely though when I overload my phone which is rare. I also have a phone that can handle low voltages relatively friendly.

I forgot where I even found this kernel but was somewhere in his section of the forums...and was buried within an unrelated thread. Please direct any further questions to him.

Edit: CPU temperature monitoring is not enabled by default. To enable, run the following from a terminal app

Code:
su
insmod /system/lib/modules/omap34xx_temp.ko

Or you can attach the insmod /system/lib/modules/omap34xx_temp.ko in one of your startup scripts in /system/etc/init.d/

If you are interested, the full thread for this kernel is here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/112513-custom-kernel.html

tomsyco

Reaction score
Are you able to measure the cpu temperature with the stock kernel? It seems to be a very snappy kernel!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
no temps

just battry temsp the stock kernel for 1.x and is a basic source kernel that runs well is snappy but few options and few governors but also has great battery life. there is nto a kernel i know of that runs on these customs roms thta doesnt run on sourcery. speeds and stability depend on your phone of course.
wait till tommorow and see if we dont please you :)

tomsyco

Reaction score
Oh I really do like the smooth functionality of this rom. It is very snappy and responsive. It has minimal lag when transitioning between screens. This is the best rom I have run so far. But as I was typing this the cpu overheated and it locked up for about 30 seconds then came back. I would like to set a profile in set cpu to clock the cpu down when it gets hot.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ok ?

Oh I really do like the smooth functionality of this rom. It is very snappy and responsive. It has minimal lag when transitioning between screens. This is the best rom I have run so far. But as I was typing this the cpu overheated and it locked up for about 30 seconds then came back. I would like to set a profile in set cpu to clock the cpu down when it gets hot.

Im taking it your talking about the other kernel that was linked.

Since you are right the stock kernel does not support temp monitoring. I have kept the same kernel as stock for 2.0 (although other options available :) ) due to its stability and low temps.

If you are talking about our stock kernel overheating at a max of 800mhz while typing a message than id be looking for a different kernel or a new phone :)

tomsyco

Reaction score
I looked at the time at frequency info in set cpu and it was spending too much time at 800 mhz, so I turned up the up threshold. It seemed to have fixed the issues. This really is a great rom.

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
using p3 kernel and can set a profile dependent on cpu temp (battery temp too) if needed.
have not needed to do it but its there.

tomsyco

Reaction score
Does the slayer kernel installer within sourcery work? I gave it a try and it didn't seem to work. I wasn't sure if these are stock slayher kernels or if they are customized for this rom. If they are just his standard 1.6 kernels ill use rom manager. Thanks for all the responses.

macaddict

Reaction score
The rMoD kernels are running rock solid on this ROM. Running Stability Test using rMoD's 1100 juiced kernel and had no issues. Tried the 1250 juiced but no matter what ROM I've ran it in then it is just too unstable for my Droid. These kernels are apparently very low voltage compared to other kernels. Maybe I'll give Chevy's 1250 a shot on this ROM later today.