Kernels Tested

flyinion

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Slayher kernels at? A google search turned up a site with ones dated from August last year but that was it. I know Sourcery comes with Slayher kernels but ROM Manager (for 1.1 at least) doesn't specify whether it's the SV or LV kernel and I'd like to use a LV one if at all possible. Otherwise I guess I'm going to just hit a P3Droid kernel up. Although, I just checked his site and realized there's no dates on those kernels either lol.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Slayher kernels at? A google search turned up a site with ones dated from August last year but that was it. I know Sourcery comes with Slayher kernels but ROM Manager (for 1.1 at least) doesn't specify whether it's the SV or LV kernel and I'd like to use a LV one if at all possible. Otherwise I guess I'm going to just hit a P3Droid kernel up. Although, I just checked his site and realized there's no dates on those kernels either lol.

Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

flyinion

Reaction score

Aren't those tuned to LFY though? Also pretty sure I won't be able to run those. They're marked as SLV. Guessing that they are similar to Chevy's ULV kernels of which I would get random reboots on his 800Mhz ULV's. I've run 800-1000Mhz LV kernels on chevy and Sapphire's custom ones with no problem though. I guess really all I'm looking for is to make sure I find a kernel than runs cool and that's why I've been trying to use the LV ones over SV.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
the slayher kernels in the rom links are LV

hope this helps and yeah the slayher kernels havent been updated recently. except for modified ones like liquids but i really dont see why those wouldnt work either if you try them out let us know.

flyinion

Reaction score
Ah well thanks if the ones included with Sourcery are LV that's all I need to know :)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Anyone could tell me which kernel support ipv6 for google goggles ? Im getting an error trying to use it..

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

T-Dev

Reaction score
Anyone could tell me which kernel support ipv6 for google goggles ? Im getting an error trying to use it..

I think the slayher LFY kernels have the ipv6 support...

T-Dev

Reaction score
Are those preinstalled in sourcery ?

try one of the ones from Sourcery...I think they did work. If not then the Slayer LFY link a few posts up should work for you. I have used barcode scanner in the past as it didnt need the ipv6, but it only works with barcodes.

listenman20

Reaction score
only the stock one worked with goggles...the other kernels lacked ipv6 support.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score

Slayher says:
For FC's with Google Goggles insmod ipv6.ko. It relies on the ipv6 and FCs without it. The module is there you just have to insert it

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

Not sure how close to a normal Linux system Android is, but there are a couple of ways in Linux that you could tell the system to load the module at boot. Perhaps this could be built into future versions of the rom.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
the module is there

Slayher says:
For FC's with Google Goggles insmod ipv6.ko. It relies on the ipv6 and FCs without it. The module is there you just have to insert it

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

Not sure how close to a normal Linux system Android is, but there are a couple of ways in Linux that you could tell the system to load the module at boot. Perhaps this could be built into future versions of the rom.

module is where and insert it how????