Kernel question

huskur

Reaction score
I have searched for the answer but it is no where to be found.

Here is my question: I am running Ultimate Droid New Era 1.4.5 with a Bekit kernel. Currently i am running the 1.3 GHZ kernel but what i want to know is if i can run a chevy kernel, P3Droid kernel or the "new guy on the block" Jake.

I was wanting to try a kernel by Jake but am afraid it will not work. Anyone have some insight? Here is a link to kernels by Jake

Droid Dev | Nine By Six

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jake isn't a new guy on the block, he was developing at Alldroid for a while before it died. As for the kernels, they SHOULD work with any rom, but backup just incase.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have searched for the answer but it is no where to be found.

Here is my question: I am running Ultimate Droid New Era 1.4.5 with a Bekit kernel. Currently i am running the 1.3 GHZ kernel but what i want to know is if i can run a chevy kernel, P3Droid kernel or the new guy on the block Jake.

I was wanting to try a kernel by Jake but am afraid it will not work. Anyone have some insight? Here is a link to kernels by Jake

Droid Dev | Nine By Six

Don't know about Jakes but I know Chevy's ULV Kernals work with ANY ROM!

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
He has a 1.4 GHZ kernel i want to try and will be coming out with a 1.8 GHZ kernel. (so i hear) but that is kind of scary :/

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
He has a 1.4 GHZ kernel i want to try and will be coming out with a 1.8 GHZ kernel. (so i hear) but that is kind of scary :/

WTF!!:icon_eek::icon_eek:

I'm all for overclocking but I think even 1.4 Ghz is pushing this Cpu a little to far and 1.8 is just crazy for this phone. Remember if you "melt" your Cpu it's pretty hard to unroot so you can return and get a replacement.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score

I'm all for overclocking but I think even 1.4 Ghz is pushing this Cpu a little to far and 1.8 is just crazy for this phone. Remember if you "melt" your Cpu it's pretty hard to unroot so you can return and get a replacement.

I'd say its lost in the bottom of the river and get my replacement that way :icon_ banana: but i don't have to worry about that. Jakes 1.4 kernel puts me in a "M" bootloop. M stays on for 60 seconds or so flashes off and then on again for another 60 seconds and so on.

Using the Bekit 1.3 right now. May try one of chevys' ULV kernels

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'd say its lost in the bottom of the river and get my replacement that way :icon_ banana: but i don't have to worry about that. Jakes 1.4 kernel puts me in a "M" bootloop. M stays on for 60 seconds or so flashes off and then on again for another 60 seconds and so on.

Using the Bekit 1.3 right now. May try one of chevys' ULV kernels

So far, for me at least Chevys ULV are awesome the only thing is I belive they do not support wired tethering 'cause they are just test kernals at the moment