Kenwood Stereo Bluetooth Compatible with Droid Incredible?

beckisue

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Kenwood stereo in my car and have been thinking about the optional bluetooth accessory (Kenwood KCA BT300) but the compatilibility list does not include the Droid Incredible, I'm thinking because it's too new? Has anyone out there had experience with this yet? I hate bluetooth earpieces, and our state just passed the "hands-free" only law, no talking while driving (I personally LOVE this law :)). I don't use my phone that much, but thought this would be great in my car for those "once in a while" times.
TIA!!

sbergdor

Reaction score
I was able to get mine to work with the BT200 just fine. Streamed music and the phone worked.
I upgraded my Kenwood to the X995 and now only the phone works as designed.
Cannot get music to stream but not giving up.

sbergdor

Reaction score
I was trying to connect using bluetooth.
Found out the 995 does not support streaming music via bluetooth
I downgraded to the Kenwood X993 and everything works just as designed with my Thunderbolt.

iFlossyy

Reaction score
I have a Droid X, and i bought a Kenwood 995 on Friday.. Went to Car Toys and told them my budget and what I wanted. I bought the 995 just so I could stream bluetooth media from my phone.. Everything else i could do.. HD Radio, CDs, and talk on my phone through the installed mic and hear people through the speakers, access my phonebook all that jazz. But after the night of having it, I had to go back to Car Toys on Saturday and see WTF was going on because the one thing i could not do was LISTEN TO MUSIC!!. Turns out, as sbergdor found, the Kenwood 995 does NOT stream bluetooth, it replaced that feature with HD Radio.. How that makes sense, i dont know. But the guy that sold it to me was very nice and had one last 994 left (which SUPPORT BT STREAMING!!!) they put it in for free and gave the 21$ difference back and Im so happy.

On the box it says only iPhone and iPods work on this deck, but no thats just for the USB.. the BT is amazing. Just about any deck with BT capabilities (make sure it streams if you want music!!) will work with an android.

stevensmtih15

Reaction score
I'm thinking because it's too new? Has anyone out there had experience with this yet? I hate bluetooth earpieces,

iFlossyy

Reaction score
thats what i thought. but it's all about how they designed the deck. The Kenwood 994 supports BT hands free and audio streaming. The newer model that just came out does not support streaming because they replaced that feature with HD Radio. It has "Pandora Internet Radio" stamped on the front, but they designed it to plug an iPhone in the usb with the Pandora app, and run it through usb not BT audio. I dont know why they replaced the streaming, but I had to exchange for the 994 and get 20$ back for the 995. Go to Car Toys or any place that specializes in car audio and ask them what decks support BT streaming.