Keep iTunes Playlists?

Ansextra

Reaction score
I am currently using an iPhone 3G and am planning on switching to the Droid X on Thursday. One thing I really like about my iPhone is that I can keep my Smart Playlists from iTunes sync'd between both my phone and my Nano. I have it set so it randomly syncs tunes from iTunes and if a tune is played once it can't be played again for 3 months (I have well over 100Gbs of music.
Is there an Android app that will allow me to do this as well?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used Double Twist on my Mac but it did miss some songs. If you have a PC there is Motorola Media Manager, and in the Market there is an iTunes agent.

OP
A

Ansextra

Reaction score
Great!
I'm starting to think the transition from iTunes to Android may not be so bad... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great!
I'm starting to think the transition from iTunes to Android may not be so bad... :)

Not trying to take you off topic but IMHO the iPhone is more for people who don't want to mess around, like everything neat and orderly. Android is a bit more complex then that. You can take it much farther then the iPhone if you want, or you can keep it simple. I've never had an iPhone but I imagine there will be a learning curve for you.

OP
A

Ansextra

Reaction score
I'm expecting a learning curve. Quite honestly the fact that iPhone is so "neat and orderly" is actually starting to bother me. I prefer less corporate control.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting a learning curve. Quite honestly the fact that iPhone is so "neat and orderly" is actually starting to bother me. I prefer less corporate control.

Excellent!!! You're going to love the Droid then!!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

iphonetodroid

Reaction score

chanatown

Reaction score
Hi Ansextra,

I came from the iPhone, so I posted some initial Droid X impressions here.

I noticed your username on the "Exchange not working" Motorola forum - that's been one of my biggest complaints thus far, but hopefully, the solution will come with Froyo (sadly, in September now).

I agree with Hook in that Android phones offer more complexity. I jailbroke my iPhone, searching for this, but ultimately, was not satisfied. Thus, I'm Droid now and haven't looked back!

OP
A

Ansextra

Reaction score
Hi Ahanatown,

There's no way I'm looking back. Motorola "seems" to be on top of providing some sort of solution to the Exchange problem and, quite honestly, that's the only issue I've had. I just love this phone compared to my iPhone 3G!

chanatown

Reaction score
Agreed - I requested the Touchdown license, which although I appreciated the gesture by Motorola, I'd rather go with the built-in client.

For others having issues with Exchange and the Droid X, this is the forum that details the issue and pending solutions.

OP
A

Ansextra

Reaction score
Absolutely. I think you can tell by my messages how I feel. BUT, the fact that they're trying is a good thing. I can live with Touchdown. I still think it's possible that I would like Touchdown more than the built-in client anyway. Of course, never having seen the full built-in client that's hard to say. Most important to me are being able to accept meetings and meeting reminders (and of course email).