K-9 Mail bringing up inbound mail in edit mode

jfeldredge

Reaction score
I recently updated K-9 Mail to version 3.801. Since the update, when I click on an inbound message to view it, the program brings the message up in edit mode, as if I were sending the message, rather than receiving it. This would be merely an annoyance, if it weren't for the fact that, in edit mode, you can't save or view any attachments sent to you; you can only delete the attachment or add additional attachments.

Does anyone know of a work-around for this problem? I have gone through all of the settings, and can't find one that will allow me to view, as opposed to edit, inbound messages.

OP
J

jfeldredge

Reaction score
problem solved by removing and reinstalling K-9 mail

I finally uninstalled and reinstalled K-9 mail, and it is now working correctly. I don't know if something went wrong in the earlier update process, or if I somehow tweaked the settings the wrong way, but I suspect the update process was to blame.

OP
J

jfeldredge

Reaction score
I have since learned, from someone else's post on another site, what caused this problem. If you use the same folder for drafts and as the inbox, K-9 assumes that every message in the folder is a draft message and will open them in edit mode, not reading mode.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums