Just wanted to check in and say hi.

racereddy20

Reaction score
Just dropping a line to introduce myself. I currently run a Droid X rooted with z4. I was running rubix, gummyjar, and dont remember what other ROM for a while. I bricked my X by loading a ROM with a low battery and managed to bring it back to life... So for now I'm running 2.3.340 just with the root, and wireless tether. Since I rom'd another X with APEX. I also rom'd an ERIS with KaosFROYO. I've been working on ROM'n a BEHOLD II for a friend. Lots of great info on this site.

HI ALL!!!!1

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello glad to have another potential rom/theme designer. Sound pretty knowledgable. Hope you enjoy the stay and enjoy tinkering with the X

Sent from my D2

OP
racereddy20

racereddy20

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I dunno if I'd go as far as calling myself a rom/themer, I'd be more prone to calling myself a guinea pig amongst my friends.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
racereddy20

racereddy20

Reaction score
Pretty much. I got an xp laptop set up with RSDlite 4.8, JDK, Android SDK, Eclipse, and the moto drivers. I had to stop there as house duties called and have kept me busy for the last week.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow sounds like you got your hands and on top of that you got house chores but sounds like you got your stuff straight and you know what you are doin

Sent from my D2

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

What are you into racing?

Some great OBDII goodies to be found in the Droid app world if you have a bluetooth compatible adapter 'dongle' . (I can confirm that low end one works nicely with Torque app, at least) :icon_ banana:

OP
racereddy20

racereddy20

Reaction score
Cool I didn't even know about the obdii blue tooth dongle. I'll probably be ordering one within the next week. I'm wondering if there's a live read out or data logging capability with the dongle and the right software. I picked up a book on android app development but it states they expect you to be versed in java and have a grasp on xml...so im gonna start reading up on java first. Hopefully all goes well.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Cool I didn't even know about the obdii blue tooth dongle. I'll probably be ordering one within the next week. I'm wondering if there's a live read out or data logging capability with the dongle and the right software. I picked up a book on android app development but it states they expect you to be versed in java and have a grasp on xml...so im gonna start reading up on java first. Hopefully all goes well.

Sad to admit but I didn't know so many apps that used those dongles had made it over from Iphone until only about a month ago.

So the deal with the cheap dongles, it's not QUITE real time logging, but very close. My D2 has an option for a 'faster communication' via the bluetooth that throws an err message for these cheap Ebay units. I'm sure if you got a nicer wireless model it could keep up with the app.

That said, it can do data logging and custom gauges, clear DTC's and such...only app I've played much with is Torque however, which is paid. (think it was about $5--was a couple pounds British, God save the queen and all that :biggrin:)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
uh oh watch ur self, he's on top of u. haha jk

Wow sounds like you got your hands and on top of that you got house chores but sounds like you got your stuff straight and you know what you are doin

Sent from my D2

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

OP
racereddy20

racereddy20

Reaction score
Ok quick update. I was playing with eclipse today (finally got my plumbing under control at home). Eclipse wouldn't allow me to start a new project stating "An SDK Target must be specified." I found that what I had to do was click on window>preferences and click on the android section. From there I just had to point the SDK location to the SDK folder (not the tools folder!). I wish someone would have just typed that out up front as that killed like 20 min just trying to figure out. Oh yeah and I also found that the min SDK has to meet the platform API.

OP
racereddy20

racereddy20

Reaction score