Just used Google Wallet

I would love to believe you, but I was fed that same line in college when they said 'everyone will have the smart chip in their credit cards next year'. Yeah, a smart chip. So smart that it only worked in 3 coke machines on campus and had no other use.

Let's hope Gwallet catches on here in the States better than 'smart chips'.

I think the Android Beam feature in ICS encourages manufacturers to put NFC chips in their phones. I suppose Motorola will start doing that next year, and other manufacturers will follow.

When ISIS comes out, there will be broad encouragement from the wireless providers for manufacturers to put NFC chips in their phone.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but the ultimate tipping point will be when an iPhone comes with an NFC chip. Within months of that, nearly every bank and every store will be using NFC.

I just installed google wallet on my unrooted phone. Haven't tried a purchase yet, but the install went fine and app runs smooth.

when you sign up for the google prepaid card, do they send you a physical card too?

I have a Suntrust Mastercard. Just found out you can only store a Citi Mastercard on your acct.

:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Come on now, you gotta use the Pre-paid Google Card one and fund it with your SunKist Mastercard.

I tried using it tonight at BP... I tapped it on the PayPass and it said SENT on the phone, but the payment would not register with the cashier. We tried it a couple times, but it wouldn't work. I now have 2 transactions showing in Wallet. they both say SENT, but there is no amount showing and my PrePaid Google card still has the original $10 balance. Could have been an issue with the BP setup or the cashier didn't do it right... not for sure. I need to try another location to see if it is my phone or not.

I tried using it tonight at BP... I tapped it on the PayPass and it said SENT on the phone, but the payment would not register with the cashier. We tried it a couple times, but it wouldn't work. I now have 2 transactions showing in Wallet. they both say SENT, but there is no amount showing and my PrePaid Google card still has the original $10 balance. Could have been an issue with the BP setup or the cashier didn't do it right... not for sure. I need to try another location to see if it is my phone or not.

Did you have a strong 3G/4G connection? If you didn't, it may not go through. See my post (#13).

I think it's hilarious that the dev community so quickly came up with a solution for people to install this without even rooting. Kind of like a big screw you to verizon. I wonder how verizon feels about this?

I think it's hilarious that the dev community so quickly came up with a solution for people to install this without even rooting. Kind of like a big screw you to verizon. I wonder how verizon feels about this?

Probably don't care. Apparently the phone is selling pretty well.

Back