Just upgraded. Need help

bhaze

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a TB from an original droid. I was wondering how to transfer my files such as saved games (angry birds and robo defense) from my droid to my TB. It seems all my responses so far have been that I need to root the phone to do this. There has to be an easier way right?

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a TB from an original droid. I was wondering how to transfer my files such as saved games (angry birds and robo defense) from my droid to my TB. It seems all my responses so far have been that I need to root the phone to do this. There has to be an easier way right?

You can maybe buy MyBackupPro.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Titanium's the only way I know of to transfer the data, and that requires root, sorry bro.

OP
B

bhaze

Reaction score
it doesn't make sense that files such as game saves would require rooting in order to transfer them to another phone

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you - they should make them transferable somehow. But,as it stands now, I believe everything gets stored in the /data/data/ directory, which isn't readable w/ astro or other non-rooted file explorers. I couldn't imagine having a non-rooted device after being rooted for a year and a half - so much freedom for things just like this problem.

OP
B

bhaze

Reaction score
can I root my old phone to get the files, and then transfer them to my thunderbolt without rooting that phone? also, does a factory reset undo whatever is needed to root the phone? I am planning on selling my old droid after I find a way to get all the old files off of it

2001400ex

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you - they should make them transferable somehow. But,as it stands now, I believe everything gets stored in the /data/data/ directory, which isn't readable w/ astro or other non-rooted file explorers. I couldn't imagine having a non-rooted device after being rooted for a year and a half - so much freedom for things just like this problem.

Why can they be accessed from Windows explorer while connected to a PC?