Just traded ultra 20 for s21 ultra got any tips

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Screen broke on ultra 20 even with case I want a water proof and whole device protector for s21 the gorilla glass on the ultra could not withstand a fall to cement in the drive way out of my pocket looking for tips for my new s21 which seems good has. Better battery , love no round edges alight smaller also good, faster also good. Like that it does not have pen holster for spen as it was always falling our. Like that it has spen support for when I want to use spen as a remote to take pictures. Better camera

Send me tips

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Congratulations on your new phone ... would like to hear your review os the S21 Ultra

Sent from my Samsung Tablet S6 using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Congrats on the phone. Nice choice but you got it the hard way. I was tempted but I wanted something other than a slab phone this time. Switch things up a bit.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Congratulations on your new phone ... would like to hear your review os the S21 Ultra

Sent from my Samsung Tablet S6 using Tapatalk
My review
so far I got a case that protects all but the screen just like my note ultra 20 and I have dropped the s21 even on the glass side a few times by accident and it hasn't broken yay and phew
I got out a pop socket on the back to hold phone better but now I can't wireless charge the phone since thepio socket keeps the phone to far from a qi wireless charger . So my pet peeves is qi wireless chargers need father range or phones need to pick up wireless power charge from farther distance or through cases

The battery is a bit bigger and I think the s21 picks up more ranges of cell sign so maybe a bit better picking up signal not really sure

No s21 pen but has support for it . Gonna by one with Bluetooth so I can control the phone for selfies from a distance, miss for that feature but don't miss the pen always piping out if the ultra and almost losing. It's a but smaller then ultra, which I like.

I love the non curved screen for that alone the s21 ultra is worth it as cases block the curve if the ultra.

I would say both phones are about equivalent but I am happy so far w s21 ultra and for a choice between both I would pick because newer, and no curve, possibly better cell signal, slightly better battery.

I really don't notice the difference as the are so close to being identical that if you swapped the phones and didn't tell me I might not notice right away

Still searching for better cases , better wireless charge methods and better drop protection especially with glass side.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Congrats on the phone. Nice choice but you got it the hard way. I was tempted but I wanted something other than a slab phone this time. Switch things up a bit.
What did you get

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Flip 3. I didn't want something as large as the Fold. My wife chose the 21+.
I didn't get the fold I got s21 ultra. I am unclear what you got you mentioned you didn't want a "slab" phone and seemed to say you didn't get an s21 ultra so I am unclear what you got please clarify hat I am misunderstanding.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Sorry on break but congrats on new phone...
I am worried I will break this phone too as I ve dropped it 7 times in the first 19 days luckily it survived. I am licking for a good case that would also protect screen and be waterproof. Currently I have a case I got at the mall at a stand that seems to be like an OtterBox knockoff. Had to cut the plastic flap that protects the charge port as this car made it too tight to plug a USB cable in without it pressing weird and making the phone think it was wet or had dust and it kept alerting. Si I cut the plastic off the charge port protector and I can now charge the phone. But I added a pop topper thing to the back to hold it better which does not stop NFC payments etc but does make phone to far for qi wireless charging to work(which I have found problemmatical with many cases but the pop think makes qi charge not possible at all) I got some qi extender pads which work on old ultra 20 but would not fit on s21 ultra with pop topper and the extenders use the USB port so you have to take in and out if USB port if you want to switch between qi and wired charging. Androids need something like what apple has with the magnetic circle charging .

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I am worried I will break this phone too as I ve dropped it 7 times in the first 19 days luckily it survived. I am licking for a good case that would also protect screen and be waterproof. Currently I have a case I got at the mall at a stand that seems to be like an OtterBox knockoff. Had to cut the plastic flap that protects the charge port as this car made it too tight to plug a USB cable in without it pressing weird and making the phone think it was wet or had dust and it kept alerting. Si I cut the plastic off the charge port protector and I can now charge the phone. But I added a pop topper thing to the back to hold it better which does not stop NFC payments etc but does make phone to far for qi wireless charging to work(which I have found problemmatical with many cases but the pop think makes qi charge not possible at all) I got some qi extender pads which work on old ultra 20 but would not fit on s21 ultra with pop topper and the extenders use the USB port so you have to take in and out if USB port if you want to switch between qi and wired charging. Androids need something like what apple has with the magnetic circle charging .

I've some some Pop sockets that unscrew so you can wireless charge...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I didn't get the fold I got s21 ultra. I am unclear what you got you mentioned you didn't want a "slab" phone and seemed to say you didn't get an s21 ultra so I am unclear what you got please clarify hat I am misunderstanding.

I got a Flip 3. That's what I meant about not getting a slab phone. I was looking at the S21 line but I went for the Flip. The Fold was to big and honestly I didn't want to spend that much money on a phone. I got a great deal on the flip because it's a new line.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I got a Flip 3. That's what I meant about not getting a slab phone. I was looking at the S21 line but I went for the Flip. The Fold was to big and honestly I didn't want to spend that much money on a phone. I got a great deal on the flip because it's a new line.
I think the flip is cool but I worry about hinges breaking etc. Enjoy the phone

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've some some Pop sockets that unscrew so you can wireless charge...
Yah mine are supposed to unscrew as well but want it to be I just put it in bad and not have to unscrew rescrew or put USB dongle in out etc. I think apples massage needs to come to android and all cell ohonesl cases should get holes and support an Android equivalent

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Update and hi to everyone
I still have the pop socket and haven't been able to wireless charge as to far from wireless so I use the USB cable.

My s21 ultra no issues but sometimes miss the spend from s20 ultra

No battery issues either so far. If I actively use phone a day battery lasts till night

Even dropped it a few times and it hasn't broken(I have better case then my 20 that broke)