Just so you know the 64gb micro sd cards do work on the RAZR

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
If you have say 40 GB worth of music on a 64GB micro SD card and then the 128GB cards come out. Can the music be transferred to the bigger card, and will there be any flaws in the data transfer??

Yogranny86

Reaction score
@cattledog1969 I wouldn't think so not sure if it would recognize a 128gb micro though

@aarong03 does it have erase all data under sd card settings if it does then that should work, if not then you can just transfer folder files exactly as they are on your old micro sd to new one. When I got my razr maxx it had gingerbread and it wouldn't recognize until I formatted I guess they got it figured out so you don't have to now. Let me know

maximous

Reaction score
I guess I am just having bad luck my with razr getting a 64gb card working.

I have formatted one card in the phone and it locked up and bricked the card, bought another card, tried formatting via easeus and one minute after card is inserted, acknowledged by the phone, the phone locks up goes to black screen with shortcut keys (menu, home, back, search) lit but unresponsive.

the card I am trying to get working is a sandisk Micro sdxc 64gb class 10.

If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, any would be welcome.

MightyT01

Reaction score
I guess I am just having bad luck my with razr getting a 64gb card working.

I have formatted one card in the phone and it locked up and bricked the card, bought another card, tried formatting via easeus and one minute after card is inserted, acknowledged by the phone, the phone locks up goes to black screen with shortcut keys (menu, home, back, search) lit but unresponsive.

the card I am trying to get working is a sandisk Micro sdxc 64gb class 10.

If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, any would be welcome.

I bought the SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card with SD Adapter from Amazon during the last sale and it works like a dream on My Razr Maxx.

I didn't do a thing to it. I just replaced the old card with this one. It was already FAT32 ready and recognized right away. Good luck solving your problem. I'm sure you already know it has to be FAT32 and not NTFS. All cards should already come pre-formated in FAT32.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

maximous

Reaction score
I bought the SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card with SD Adapter from Amazon during the last sale and it works like a dream on My Razr Maxx.

I didn't do a thing to it. I just replaced the old card with this one. It was already FAT32 ready and recognized right away. Good luck solving your problem. I'm sure you already know it has to be FAT32 and not NTFS. All cards should already come pre-formated in FAT32.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I tried it direct from the packaging, which locked up my phone, plugged the card into my computer and with easeus it said format was "other", formatted the card to fat32, put back into my razr and booted up and locked up again. I am not for sure what else to try but I do thank you for your reply.

jp233

Reaction score
maximous, I"m having the same issues in my RAZR with a 32GB Sandisk Class 4 card. There's a post in the RAZR Support Forum. It does the same thing though, black screen but the 4 buttons stay lit and sometimes will still even vibrate when pressed. But it locks solid and I have to hard reboot to get it going.

I've tried reformatting on a WIn7 machine, both with the Quick Format and the Full Format, to no avail. Using FAT32 of course.

My 1GB and 16GB cards I've used in this device, I never even formatted, just inserted into the phone and off they went. I think this must have something to do with ICS since formatting the card isn't even an option. I'm assuming that the "Erase SD Card" feature (sic)actually does format the card too.

Note I am using the term "feature" loosely. I'd like to be able to wipe a card and format it in two separate steps. But there's lots more in ICS I'd like to change, but that's another story for another beer.