Just rooted and having trouble with backup in ROM manager

GryphKid44

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Essential PH-1
I just rooted my Droid 1 and I am a noob. I am in ROM manager and already Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery. Now I am trying to make a nandroid backup before I Flash a ROM. I click on Backup Current ROM and it asks for a name. The first time I created a new name and the three times after I just left the default name. Once I click OK, my phone shuts down and then when starting up it gets to the Motorola Logo and just stays there. I have to pull the battery and then power it on again. Then it starts up fine but there weren't any backups made. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

OP
G

GryphKid44

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Essential PH-1
Think I am all set for now

It seems that it was an issue with the flash of ClockworkMod. I had to reflash SPRecovery using RSD Lite, because it kept getting an error when trying to do this through ROM manager. Once I did that, I rebooted, opened ROM manager, and flashed Clockwork again. It worked perfectly and I now have a nandroid backup and can continue with my first rooting adventure. Next I am going to try to backup my apps with Titanium Backup and then check out the CyanogenMod 7 to get Gingerbread on my Original Droid. Overall I am enjoying this process but that hiccup had me very frustrated.

Cheers!!