Just picked up my Droid from Costco

jameswhite82

Reaction score
Hello all, please welcome me as the newest iphone conversion. I just picked up my Droid at Costco (got a phone charger, earpiece and leather case) for the under $200, with no rebate hassles. :icon_ banana: I am only 1.5 hours in but already recognize the much faster response over the iPhone. I have also had the oporunity to drive through some previously know AT&T drop call zones and have not skipped a beat with my Droid. I have already starting syncing with Exchange and am loving it. I am extremely excited to get some more time with the phone. :heart::heart::heart:

I have one question. Is there a place to download a sync tool from Verizon or Motorolla to receive future firmware and updates? I have been unable to find this. Any help would be much appreciated.

I look forward to future posts on my comparisons between the iphone and the Droid as I get a few more days under my belt

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! The Droid allows for updates to be downloaded and installed straight from the phone. This feature is built into Android. Go to your settings, then about phone, and then system updates. It should say that your system is currently up to date.

OP
J

jameswhite82

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! The Droid allows for updates to be downloaded and installed straight from the phone. This feature is built into Android. Go to your settings, then about phone, and then system updates. It should say that your system is currently up to date.

Thank you for the advice, I was going nuts looking for the software.

Stigy

Reaction score
FYI...

The Menu > About > System Updates will not FORCE your phone to get the update once they start being rolled out.

The only time that menu is used is if you decline to the update when you are notified. After you decline (for whatever reason) you can go to that menu and then immediately download the update.