Just picked up my droid from walmart :)

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
hahahahahahahaha. Yeah, I expected some rap music to start playing and a montage of cars in the driveway to show next.

soba1

Reaction score
Went out to the Walmart here in Laguna Niguel, CA at 6:45 and was told the phone section was "closed" because there was no one there who knew anything about it. Gotta love that Wally Service. Called the next nearest store (Foothill Ranch) and the guy said "We don't have those in yet."
Now that I think about it, I'd rather wait 12 more hours than give any of my money to the morons at WalMart.

They are being plain ole pricks in Cali:icon_evil:

mjs31

Reaction score
I've got 9 hours 'til I pick mine up :)

6 hrs 15 minutes. My buddy stopped by the vz store today to check out the storm 2. He said it was a joke but did check on droid status. He said our rep said stay away from the S2 and get the droid. He said they have plenty on hand.

Stigy

Reaction score
anyone on how the onscreen keyboards are?
Well I have used the on-screen keyboard on the G1 running 1.6 and its not horrible.

The iPhone keyboard is definitely better, but the Android keyboard is definitely usable. I loaded the HTC keyboard onto my G1, which is 10x better so I am sure someone will find a way to load the HTC keyboard (ie. from Hero...) onto the Droid.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Battery life is great so far. Impressed with android and the phone itself. Camera is disappointing but I knew what I was getting into.

Kind is awesome. Crisp. Video is great. I watched the modern warefare video on tube and it was like watching my HD TV. Learning to navigate still but impressed so far.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know how that works, I'm sure there will be quite a few members interested in that!

anyone on how the onscreen keyboards are?
Well I have used the on-screen keyboard on the G1 running 1.6 and its not horrible.

The iPhone keyboard is definitely better, but the Android keyboard is definitely usable. I loaded the HTC keyboard onto my G1, which is 10x better so I am sure someone will find a way to load the HTC keyboard (ie. from Hero...) onto the Droid.

gBandid0

Reaction score
Walmart Droid!

Picked up mine around 2PM this afternoon. They had received two and I got Number 1. Walmart sure made getting a new line set up way easier than any I have done before.
I think I will head out early tomorrow and check out the folks in the Verizon store line.:byepalm:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the site!