Just ordered a Rezound battery for my Thunderbolt . . .

kevins686

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot lately that the battery from the Rezound has greatly improved battery life for many Thunderbolt owners, so I ordered one from Verizon yesterday. I figured twenty bucks wasn't too much to lose if it doesn't work as well as I hope. Anyhow, it should be here in a couple days, so fingers crossed . . .

sonshine01

Reaction score
Works Great

I have been using the Rezound battery since a few days from owning the Thunderbolt (about 2 mths) and it does last alot longer than the original one did. I also do the unplug in the morning when the light is green and let the orange light turn green again and it really does last me at least all day.Depending on how much I use it sometimes I have 30 percent or so when I go to bed at around 12am. My neice has the Thunderbolt and she is charging hers all the time. I took a video on it today (it was a fairly long video)and played it back and took some other pics and viewed them and I think it went down like 1 percent. I was expecting it to have used alot more battery than that. I am VERY happy with the Rezound battery.

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how does Verizon ship stuff ordered off their site: UPS, FedEx, or USPS?

ozo012

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how does Verizon ship stuff ordered off their site: UPS, FedEx, or USPS?
My Rezound extended battery is coming Fedex with a required signature (can leave a printed note saying to drop it at your place, or the neighbor's or something else?).

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
It was just delivered via FedEx. Should I just wait till tonight, then charge it for a good 8 hours overnight?

ozo012

Reaction score
It was just delivered via FedEx. Should I just wait till tonight, then charge it for a good 8 hours overnight?
My Rezound came on the same day as my extended battery (yesterday) so I did the regular battery yesterday and was planning on doing what you just suggested tonight. My Rezound was used but had very light usage.

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
Well I've got the new battery up and running, and after two charge/discharge cycles, I managed to make it all of 5 hours before the indicator went into the yellow. No calls made, a couple minutes on the internet, a few texts; other than that, the phone just sat. Maybe I'm being hasty, but I'm about ready to assume that this thing is simply a piece of **** and that I need to look for a new phone. Sucks.

crakmasta

Reaction score
Something must be really wrong. I'm squeezing about an extra 4-5 hours of battery life since switching to the rezound battery. It lasts until bedtime before going yellow.

Sent via Bolt of Thunder!

pogibry

Reaction score
Something must be really wrong. I'm squeezing about an extra 4-5 hours of battery life since switching to the rezound battery. It lasts until bedtime before going yellow.

Sent via Bolt of Thunder!

I have to concur with this statement. It was well worth the $20. Def get this battery!!!

Kittysback

Reaction score
Agreed... It really improved the life of my phone too.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
So is this the regular battery or the extended one?

It's a regular-sized battery; it simply has more capacity. The phone's physical profile is unchanged, and you can use the same back that you use with the stock battery.