Rezound Battery in Thunderbolt

dl1762

Reaction score
The extended battery is great but I like the slimmer case . So got the rebound bat. I regret only getting 1 on sale. It is much better . I am getting 3 clones with charger it says 1800 mah from ebay says regular size case so i will see what happens .
sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Drew_P

Reaction score
I actually purchased the rezound a few weeks ago but decided to take it back. I actually missed my bolt. But when I returned it I kept the stock rezound battery. It's been great but with only one problem. I've noticed now that sometimes the phone will completely cut off when the battery is supposedly dead......but the indicator will still be yellow, not blinking red. Has happened a few times. Anyone else havibg this issue or is it just me? Fyi this is my original bolt from second day after release. Never had to replace cause of issues like others....knock on wood. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
I actually purchased the rezound a few weeks ago but decided to take it back. I actually missed my bolt. But when I returned it I kept the stock rezound battery. It's been great but with only one problem. I've noticed now that sometimes the phone will completely cut off when the battery is supposedly dead......but the indicator will still be yellow, not blinking red. Has happened a few times. Anyone else havibg this issue or is it just me? Fyi this is my original bolt from second day after release. Never had to replace cause of issues like others....knock on wood. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The problem is likely in the software somewhere. This phone came with a 1400mAh battery and
the software is designed to calc how much battery is left based on that number. Popping in a 1620mAh
battery will extend the battery life, but the meter will be off.

I suspect this is something like changing the gas tank on your car from 12 gallons to 15 without
adjusting the fuel gauge to account for the additional capacity. Yes, you get 3 extra gallons, but
I wouldn't trust the fuel gauge.

By the lack of apps to adjust this or community ROMs that would account for this
or at least allow the user to adjust the settings, I'm guessing this is not a simple change/fix.

pogibry

Reaction score
...maybe this will help keep this thread alive....

I'm getting sick of my massive extended battery and am about to buy a Rezound battery. My only question and maybe somebody here can shed some light- I see those 1800ma Rezound batteries on ebay that are the same physical size as stock for a good deal. IF anybody has used these, are they better than the stock Rezound or are do they have the same battery time but with less life due to the cheaper manufacturing. Please help...

dl1762

Reaction score
I got 3 of them from ebay. They are a little better then reg battery. The rebound bat is much better. What I dont get is the rezound bat says 3.7vdc=1620mah . The clones say 3.7vdc=1800mah. I would think better. If true. They fit reg case
Good thing is they gave me charger
With batteries. Works on all even extended
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dl1762

Reaction score
Over 11 hours on rezound battery today with moderate to medium web usage on wifi mostly

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dl1762

Reaction score
Thanks I just bought 2. We have 4 tbolts on my plan that I got for $49 and we just got 4g in my area. This great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2