Just ordered a fascinate through wirefly...

jrl9851

Reaction score
Couldn't pass up the 29.99 deal to add a line. I'll be paying $40 extra per month, and then only $10 extra per month when I drop the data plan on my original line. Anyways...

I read the terms very carefully. You have to stay with the service on the new line for 6 months so you don't get charged by wirefly too. Seems easy enough. My question is, can I do whatever I want to my original line (change phones, etc.) without it affecting my wirefly thing? I used wirefly to get a family plan with a new line, so it shouldn't be affected by messing with my original line, but I just want to make sure.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Couldn't pass up the 29.99 deal to add a line. I'll be paying $40 extra per month, and then only $10 extra per month when I drop the data plan on my original line. Anyways...

I read the terms very carefully. You have to stay with the service on the new line for 6 months so you don't get charged by wirefly too. Seems easy enough. My question is, can I do whatever I want to my original line (change phones, etc.) without it affecting my wirefly thing? I used wirefly to get a family plan with a new line, so it shouldn't be affected by messing with my original line, but I just want to make sure.

You will be able to upgrade your original line without it affecting your plan you purchased with us, as long as you dont downgrade your plan before the 181 days are up. PM me if you have specific questions about something you want to do on your account and maybe we can help. :) Enjoy your Fascinate when you get it.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Oh wow wirefly posts here too? Awesome. Well anyways....

What I mean is I used your website to add a line to my account and using that new 2nd line, I got the fascinate. Now, I'm going to stay with the family plan and all that, plus the data plan on my 2nd line (one with the fascinate), but I was wondering if I made changes to my original line (the one I have the droid on) if it would conflict with the wirefly terms? I wanted to drop the data plan on my ORIGINAL line to save money and just get a cheap flip phone to replace my droid, but I will obviously keep the family plan and data plan that I signed up for one wirefly to get the fascinate (just dropping data on my original line). Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply.

DroidJT

Reaction score
"but I was wondering if I made changes to my original line...I wanted to drop the data plan on my ORIGINAL line to save money?"

As long as you replace your droid with a phone that does not require a data plan, you are probably okay. Just make sure you are beyond any Ts & Cs of your original Droid purchase in case you used an indirect agent to purchase it and not direct from VZW, such as the Fascinate you are getting from Wirefly (for that special subsidized price) for the 6 month condition.

Wirefly

Reaction score

What I mean is I used your website to add a line to my account and using that new 2nd line, I got the fascinate. Now, I'm going to stay with the family plan and all that, plus the data plan on my 2nd line (one with the fascinate), but I was wondering if I made changes to my original line (the one I have the droid on) if it would conflict with the wirefly terms? I wanted to drop the data plan on my ORIGINAL line to save money and just get a cheap flip phone to replace my droid, but I will obviously keep the family plan and data plan that I signed up for one wirefly to get the fascinate (just dropping data on my original line). Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply.

It makes sense. :) If you drop your data plan on L1 and go with a phone that doesnt require a data plan, you are fine. If you were to lower the plan you purchased with us, is where there might be an issue.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score

Thanks for your reply.

It makes sense. :) If you drop your data plan on L1 and go with a phone that doesnt require a data plan, you are fine. If you were to lower the plan you purchased with us, is where there might be an issue.

Awesome thanks! And you guys ship fast! Only took 3 hours to get it shipped out from the time I placed my order....amazing! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

fis

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I love Wirefly. It amazes me that people in these forums still go to the store to buy.

Wirefly

Reaction score

Thanks for your reply.

Awesome thanks! And you guys ship fast! Only took 3 hours to get it shipped out from the time I placed my order....amazing! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Glad we were able to help! Be sure to let your peers know that they can reach out to us if they have any questions/concerns. Also, we would greatly appreciate it if you would take a couple minutes of your time to share your positive experience with us on ResellerRatings.com.

Here is the link to our reviews page: Wirefly (simplexity.com) - wirefly.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings.

Thanks again for your feedback and please feel free to contact us with any future questions or concerns.

eternal70200

Reaction score
I also just ordered a Fascinate from Wirefly, but I've heard some horrible, horrible things thereafter. Someone tell me there's no reason to sweat bullets about getting a crappy, refurbished phone that dies out on me or getting scammed with overcharges for no reason...

And the fact that Wirefly lurks and posts in these forums cause me to fear for bias...

fis

Reaction score
If Wirefly sold refurbs without clearly labeling them as such, they would not be allowed to remain an authorized Verizon dealer.

No reason to sweat bullets. Ordering from Wirefly is no different from buying at the local store that says Verizon on the sign but isn't actually owned by Verizon (like Radio Shack or Best Buy). They have to follow by Verizon's rules. Same phone, same service, same warranty.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score

Glad we were able to help! Be sure to let your peers know that they can reach out to us if they have any questions/concerns. Also, we would greatly appreciate it if you would take a couple minutes of your time to share your positive experience with us on ResellerRatings.com.

Here is the link to our reviews page: Wirefly (simplexity.com) - wirefly.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings.

Thanks again for your feedback and please feel free to contact us with any future questions or concerns.

I will write a review after 6 months. I want to make sure I don't get hit with any hidden charges, etc.