just got my nexus off contract

en28so

Reaction score
I so about a month ago, I tried out the galaxy nexus on Verizon, and by doing that, I lost my unlimited 3g. So I returned the phone, waited for my contract to end and bought a really nice looking nexus from eBay. Now I got unlimited 4G and with no contract. Verizon is not giving the sim cards free anymore btw (I had to pay $10.50 for it at the Verizon store). I did not want to shell out $400 for one of the new phones. I'll be happy with my nexus for at least two years! Has anyone else done this? I got it for $240 and it looks new.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nice pickup. Welcome to the Nexus clubDancingNexus

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
DoctorDeDroid said:
And now welcome to waiting for VZW to send 4.2.x out to our phones :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

No waiting for me. Running Jelly Belly 4.2!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
en28so said:
No waiting for me. Running Jelly Belly 4.2!

No kidding. Wait? This phone is made so that we don't have to wait.

Root, my friend, root...

xconwayx

Reaction score
I so about a month ago, I tried out the galaxy nexus on Verizon, and by doing that, I lost my unlimited 3g. So I returned the phone, waited for my contract to end and bought a really nice looking nexus from eBay. Now I got unlimited 4G and with no contract. Verizon is not giving the sim cards free anymore btw (I had to pay $10.50 for it at the Verizon store). I did not want to shell out $400 for one of the new phones. I'll be happy with my nexus for at least two years! Has anyone else done this? I got it for $240 and it looks new.

So quick question. You said you "tried out the galaxy nexus." How did you try it out? I just got one off of Ebay myself. I want to go activate it tomorrow, but do not want to lose my unlimited 3g. My contract is up middle of next year I believe. I figured this would be as if you "lost" a phone or another broke and are activating a new one.

Any advice is appreciate.

Thanks

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You can activate any smartphone you want on your data line without losing unlimited data. You just can't buy said phone from verizon or the other sellers for verizon (best buy, wirefly, etc...) with a subsidized price. You have to pay full price ($500-700) to keep unlimited. I think by "trying out" the other phone they returned it within the 14 day return period.

BTW, you can activate the new phone over a phone with verizon using a landline or another mobile phone. And the upside is most of the csr people know what they are doing and can be supremely helpful if you are nice with them.

This post is Incredible 2

Last edited:
OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Droid Firefighter said:
You can activate any smartphone you want on your data line without losing unlimited data. You just can't buy said phone from verizon or the other sellers for verizon (best buy, wirefly, etc...) with a subsidized price. You have to pay full price ($500-700) to keep unlimited. I think by "trying out" the other phone they returned it within the 14 day return period.

BTW, you can activate the new phone over a phone with verizon using a landline or another mobile phone. And the upside is most of the csr people know what they are doing and can be supremely helpful if you are nice with them.

This post is Incredible 2

Absolutely correct. That's exactly what I did.