Just got a Droid Maxx

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
You can upgrade another phone on your account that does not have a smart phone and after activating it on the other line just move it to your line and cancel the new data plan and keep the unlimited on your line. Just go to the VZ website and you can move it yourself.

Matt

I was hoping this option was still available. I'll be giving that a try next month. My only issue would then be picking out a new phone!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
can anyone comment on how the speaker sounds when laying the phone down on its back? i have the original razr maxx and the sound gets terribly muffled, which i dislike. thanks for your input!

Laying on my couch, without a case, its definitely quieter, but still able to listen to it.

With my case on it is much louder, possibly due to the sound filtering through the case plus the speaker. I have the Verizon shell and holster combo.

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody notice we can't delete multiple phone calls from the list? Or did I miss something?

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

Reaction score
Laying on my couch, without a case, its definitely quieter, but still able to listen to it.

With my case on it is much louder, possibly due to the sound filtering through the case plus the speaker. I have the Verizon shell and holster combo.

Thanks! Interesting about the case. But, I do wish the speakers were placed on the bottom if not the front. Gotta make compromises I guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Anybody notice we can't delete multiple phone calls from the list? Or did I miss something?

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

You can clear the list but not delete multiple within the list and keep the rest, I didn't notice that until you said something and I tried!!! That sucks

OP
Monshroud

Monshroud

Reaction score
Try saying "OK Google Now" and then "Help me". The phone will give you a list of the usable commands. For example the correct command to play music is "OK Google Now, listen to (song/album/artist name)". It's too bad it doesn't understand natural language, but hopefully they will add more of that in time. For now though the commands do seem to work well for me. Hope this helps!

I tried using the "Listen To" command, but when I use it. It launches Google Play, (sometimes) brings me to the correct song or artist, but it never starts playing the song. I have to manually press the play button to get it to start playing. Not too big of an issue except when you are on a ladder trying to paint a wall. =)

OP
Monshroud

Monshroud

Reaction score
I don't think he was talking about the edge plan. The Edge plan is the cost of the phone plus a fee spread over 2 years. I believe they can also spread the full price of the phone over one year and you still get to keep unlimited. I think. I ended up just paying the whole thing in one shot and it stung a bit. LOL. When I was on the phone with them, I forgot about that until I read someone did the 1 year thing and they sure as hell didn't mention it.

Droid Maxxxxxxxx

Correct, I didn't go to the Edge Plan. I just paid for the device and made no changes to my plan.

OP
Monshroud

Monshroud

Reaction score
Thanks! Interesting about the case. But, I do wish the speakers were placed on the bottom if not the front. Gotta make compromises I guess.

I'm using the bumper case, and that seems to work well. Adding a couple mm of space between the speaker and the surface seems to help.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

The Diztronic TPU case has a slightly raised edge above and below the speaker cutout, which helps with this.

chuck54

Reaction score
Is there an admin available??? I'm wondering if the maxx ultra and mini will get their own forums and a picture link at the top of the websites page (next to the s4 and droid 4 and stuffs)