Just finished punishing my extended battery.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
No one who trolls really gains anything from it but yet people still do it... hmmm.

Seriously? You're playing the troll card now?

Dude, you are a joke. I will reply to your senseless and moronic statements and just simply ignore you from then on. You contribute nothing other than condescension when someone posts something. You're always "OMG! AI NEEDZ DA PROOFZ!!! LOL! ! ! !!! !!1111" or something.

Seriously. Believe it or don't, I honestly couldn't care any less. Just like when you told me that you didn't believe I was downloading 2.2 OTA when I posted it.

And you saying your stock battery only got 15 hours makes it even more unbelievable. 1500mAh for 15 hours and now 1800mAh for 74 hours? Yea the math makes sense to me.

Yeah, the math SHOULD make sense to you since you think that 1500mAh + 15% = 1930mAh. Right?

I can't help what I get. I run my phone completely stock with some small exceptions:

• I am not rooted
  • I use launcher pro
  • I run Trillian and Touitteur constantly
  • I text
  • For work, I have to be on the phone A LOT
  • I have the weather displayed on the the BW clock
  • I used the GPS during this stint
  • The brightness is set to automatic
I have the extended battery too but I don't get 3 days out of it. I don't see anyone actually doing this.

Considering my result of 3 days and 2 hours, I don't believe you are getting anything less than 4 weeks out of a single charge.

See how the doubting works? It sounds childish and immature. You should strive for better.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Feel good you got that out of your system?

I only doubt you because people tend to believe everything they read on here so then they go out and buy the extended battery only to find the thread stating they can get 3 days out of a single charge was a lie.

You wouldn't believe how many times Moto pushed back the release date so why would I get excited when someone said they finally got it? Gotta be a skeptic when it comes to moto

I really don't care when it comes to battery since im always around a charger. Just helping the gullible ones on here who would read this thinking they can pull 3 days straight.

And im a troll? Yea ill take my 4000 posts and go somewhere else. Or not. Just wont help you when something goes wrong with your phone :)

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
Feel good you got that out of your system?

I will only feel good about it if you feel good about calling me a troll and getting that outlandish claim out of your system.

I only doubt you because people tend to believe everything they read on here so then they go out and buy the extended battery only to find the thread stating they can get 3 days out of a single charge was a lie.

Mileage will always vary, as they say.

I have no want and no reason to lie about it. I got what I got. Nothing more. No embellishments and no BS. I was watching and refreshing the use screen on the battery when the phone started yelling that I had "5% or less" time remaining.

I wrote down what it said just as it shut itself down.

You wouldn't believe how many times Moto pushed back the release date so why would I get excited when someone said they finally got it? Gotta be a skeptic when it comes to moto

I know Motorola are good for pushing back their release dates or, at the very least, being extremely vague about when.

I really don't care when it comes to battery since im always around a charger. Just helping the gullible ones on here who would read this thinking they can pull 3 days straight.

Then why bother with the argument and the accusations? If it matters little so little to you, there is really no reason to jump all over a person.

And im a troll? Yea ill take my 4000 posts and go somewhere else. Or not. Just wont help you when something goes wrong with your phone :)

It was you calling me a troll. I never accused you of being one at all. So not sure where you're getting that from. At all.

I mean really... read my post history. I don't come here to troll.

I don't need your help. I never ask for it. I sometimes ask for opinions, but I pretty much search out solutions to my problems on my own.

Condescending and belligerent people like you who try to call the things they say to people "help" is just laughable at best. :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Condescending and belligerent people like you who try to call the things they say to people "help" is just laughable at best. :)

Condescending and belligerent?

I don't think Abe was any of the above, and BTW he is on the RS for a reason. He knows his stuff. What you saying about battery life for your phone might be true, but you must admit it sounds fishy compared to your 15-17 hrs you got on a stock battery.

Like Abe said he was just trying to sort out any BS from fact, to help newer members. He spends all day trying to help people with "broken" phones. That's what the RS does try to help people, but don't worry, like you said you don't need any.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
It's not about quantity of the posts, but should be all about quality of the posts.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have found that some people do actually get forever life between charges while some people don't and once you compare apples to apples you find out why.
Numerous settings, apps, signal strength, etc affect battery life
If someone chimes in and says yeah man I've got my screen at full, have 0 bars all day and used Google sky for 20 hours and my battery lasted 3 days call em out but i know from spending a weekend in 4 bar land vs my 0 bar land at home doubled my battery life AND I used my phone MORE while in 4 bar land yet plugged it in with 60% left vs 30% at home
As far as number of posts, that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11 and any newb that bases fact off of post counts instead of research like second opinions gets what they deserve
You want to see some REAL trolling go to Howard forums Verizon section and see the Verizon vs Sprint wars and the whinefests over data pricing

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I don't think Abe was any of the above, and BTW he is on the RS for a reason. He knows his stuff. What you saying about battery life for your phone might be true, but you must admit it sounds fishy compared to your 15-17 hrs you got on a stock battery.

Like Abe said he was just trying to sort out any BS from fact, to help newer members. He spends all day trying to help people with "broken" phones. That's what the RS does try to help people, but don't worry, like you said you don't need any.

Thank you. My post was only to throw a disagreement out there for new users who think they can get 3 days from one single charge just by going out spending 50$ to get a new battery.

And to the OP, you must not be seeing the numerous phones I help people fix everyday. Don't worry though because we know your phone will never have issues ;)

Sent from my DROIDX

jermad14

Reaction score
I have the BH6X and this thing barely gets me through my workday. I'll admit it does work longer than the standard battery, but I expected more from it. Maybe it's a handset issue?

dvsmith2008

Reaction score
I end up rebooting a time or two a day as well. A lot of the time it is due to my MP3's not playing. Always get the "Your phone does not recognize that file type" or some crap. Gets annoying but it's a lot faster to reboot than my old BB Storm

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score

Either you didn't read his responses, or you are just biased or refuse to see it. I mean, he called me a troll for posting my experience with the extended battery. That is both an abrupt statement to make about someone as well as a rude thing to say out of the blue.

Then he needs to do that sort of thing in a less rude manner. He needs to stop jumping immediately to "troll" accusations and ask more articulate questions in order to glean the information he needs from a person. His style of doubt, shoot down and then ask questions later is a bit on the harsh side. If you can't see that, then I am sorry. And whether or not he is on the Rescue Squad means nothing to me because I've never had anything BUT negativity from him. Nothing BUT accusations of lies.

I just won't deal with it. I don't post here to make up stories. I post here because I own an Android device (Droid X) and want to discuss it and read news about it.

OP
Section Twelve
Reaction score
Thank you. My post was only to throw a disagreement out there for new users who think they can get 3 days from one single charge just by going out spending 50$ to get a new battery.

If all you want to do is generate disagreement, WHY on earth are on you some sort of cyber "help squad" at all?

What happens when someone needs help? Do you scream "TROLL!" at them and tell them that you disagree they have a problem and THEN help them?

I never said ANYWHERE in ANY post that I thought everyone should run out and buy one. What I did say was that for me, it was worth the money spent and that MAYBE my experiences can help someone decide if they were on the fence about it.

Even if people DON'T get the same usage out of theirs that I get out of mine, it is still more time than the stock battery.

And to the OP, you must not be seeing the numerous phones I help people fix everyday. Don't worry though because we know your phone will never have issues ;)

You must not see the many posts I have where I am not trolling. Which is all of them.

Don't worry, though, because I will never troll. I have no desire to troll.

As for problems with my phone.. I didn't say I never had problems. I said that I fix them myself. I do not require the help of anyone else when it comes to a problem on ANY electronic device.

Your idea that you need to bash, doubt, insult and just be generally rude before you ask solid and articulate questions to get the answers you desire is just a terrible way to go about your forum posting. I'd also like to throw it in there that I thank you for derailing my thread with your nonsense. Instead of sticking to the topic, you dragged it out into a complete mess.

cpjr

Reaction score
Well I also have the same extended battery, with my daily usage which is mostly talking (its my work phone), some net, some nav and some playing I can get about 14-18 hours out of the battery and I dont consider myself a "power" user on it.

Not to be rude, But I to dont see how you can be using the phone a "ton" and get 3 full days out of it.

If it is idle most all of those 3 days, they maybe so.

ChadJ55

Reaction score
I have the BHX6 extended battery as well and can attest that my normal usage, mainly corporate email, texts, web browsing and calls, gets me anywhere from 18 to 30 hours depending largely on signal strength. The phone does not like low bars. I'd estimate that I am getting 30% to 50% better life than I was from the stock battery, though I literally got the extended battery the day the 2.2 OTA was released/installed. Three days is absolutely not realistic for me unless the phone was sitting with full bars and hardly being used.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Section Twelve, I am sorry if you feel like you have been attacked but I have to say after reading this entire thread that you actually did the first jump when Abe questioned you about the validity of the 3 days life on your battery. As a member of the RS it is our job to make sure good reliable information is out there so that no one will be mis-lead. I have helped many people with battery life issues and frankly I have NEVER seen anyone get 3 days out of a battery of any kind in a Droid. The most I have seen has been 22-25 hours on an extended life battery. So your claim does beg the question as to fact or fiction. Anyone that has been on this forum for any length of time is going to question your claim. Are you going to attack every person that questions you??? I would hope not. And for the record..... we are not " some sort of cyber 'help squad'" We are a group of people that have been asked by the forum moderators to assist people with problems, issues or question regarding their phones. We do this with no compensation except for the knowledge that we have helped someone. I guess what I am trying to say to you is that if you want to be respected and have your results accepted, you may want to try treating all those that question you with a bit more respect your self.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
learn what the RS actually does. i actually help people fix their phones.

you may have never said directly to go out and buy it, but by suggesting it lasts 3 days with normal use would make the first time reader think that they can get three days out of it. it doesnt work like that.

posting incorrect information is part of trolling, which you did. no one on here is going to agree with 3 days of heavy use from an extended battery. Whereas I am just a skeptic of stuff i see posted without any credible information other than "i have no reason to lie." but i guess you can believe everything people post on the internet now a days because it surely cant be a lie..

Well I also have the same extended battery, with my daily usage which is mostly talking (its my work phone), some net, some nav and some playing I can get about 14-18 hours out of the battery and I dont consider myself a "power" user on it.

Not to be rude, But I to dont see how you can be using the phone a "ton" and get 3 full days out of it.

If it is idle most all of those 3 days, they maybe so.

exactly.