Just bought HP touchpad for $100

cobjones

Reaction score
I just bought one, and am happily waiting for a port !! Just thought everyone should keep an eye out for one since they are just one benjie!

Sent from Cyanodroid 2

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I got a 32gb for 150 at walmart today. Hoping the guys at XDA get a good port soon.

WebOS is slick and all, but there's not many apps and no netflix.

end of line...

OP
C

cobjones

Reaction score
There are a few over on Rootzwiki working on a gingerbread port for now ( since HC isn't released to public yet).

Sent from Cyanodroid 2

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There are a few over on Rootzwiki working on a gingerbread port for now ( since HC isn't released to public yet).

Sent from Cyanodroid 2

I read the CM team member who ported it to the nook is working on this as well. I'll take GB for now.

end of line...

OP
C

cobjones

Reaction score
I read the CM team member who ported it to the nook is working on this as well. I'll take GB for now.

end of line...

GB will be fine, and soon enough google will release hc and ics, then I'm sure someone will still be up for the challenge.

Its good becayse the hp tp runs off linux, so the kernals/bootloader should be a non issue.

Edit: and most of their stuff is opened up.

Sent from Cyanodroid 2

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Just picked one up and am excited, paid more than the special but a lot less than the retail price. haha Sad to see this go, theys hould have given it a year or so and just pushed android / product out, they had so much in advertising seems like a waste but hey one mans trash is another hacks....well you get the idea.

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Just heard from a friend there might be more available online soon as the site hasn't unlocked them yet so if you missed out you may still get lucky.

J

JriderG

They mean a port of android.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
What exactly is a port though? And how would a port from android be beneficial.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
It would mean successfully installing android operating system and essentially turning the touchpad into an android tablet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Would you be able to download apps from the android market as well. I know that's one thing the touchpad is lacking in.

Thanks for your explanation.