CyanogenMod Working on Ice Cream Sandwich for HP Touchpad; Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-UX0LHg2QlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-UX0LHg2QlU[/video]​

In the video above, you can see that the CyanogenMod team are working hard to bring you Ice Cream Sandwich on the HP Touchpad. This early build still has a few kinks to work out, but if their previous success with Gingerbread is any indication, then it won't be long before we are enjoying some ICS tastiness on the tablet. Here's a quick quote from PhoneArena with some details,

Almost every single one of the tablet's features are in a working state at this time, with the camera functionality and video playback being the only major things that need to be made functional. Once that gets taken care of, we should expect a CyanogenMod 9 release for the HP TouchPad to be made available for download. And the guys are saying that it likely won't be long until that happens.

This is pretty awesome news for fans of the "little tab that wouldn't die."

Source: HPTouchPadForums.net via PhoneArena

nikecar

Reaction score
i knew I should have gotten one when I had the chance. Opted not to while they were still in stock as I didn't want to part with my ever dwindling money (plus wife would be pissed even more than when I first got my phone)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i knew I should have gotten one when I had the chance. Opted not to while they were still in stock as I didn't want to part with my ever dwindling money (plus wife would be pissed even more than when I first got my phone)

Yeah. I agree. I am kicking myself that I didn't snap one up when I had the chance. Ah well... there are always opportunities for good deals out there. The only constant in life is change! lol

vaeron

Reaction score
I'm so excited to get my TouchPad loaded up with CM9...I haven't used it in a few weeks because CM7 just isn't stable enough.

smokiedabong

Reaction score

You had a chance to buy one and you didn't? It was a top of the line tablet selling for $99 when the rest were $599. When I saw the offer I immediately ordered 136 of them from all the places I could find, those were selling for $350 on eBay , kept only two of them, needles to say I got them more than free.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your 136 orders are why it was so hard for the rest of us
Needless to say I got one, and will be getting CM9 on it (stable). However, Im in no hurry considering Webos isnt bad, just lacking developers.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've read you can still get them some places for $249. Not a bad deal if you're looking for a tablet. I've had The Alpha builds on mine and they've been pretty stable. No issues at all. But it is hit or miss on these things. Some people have issues and rock solid for others. I am really excited about getting ICS as it's got tablet optimization built in.

vaeron

Reaction score
I've read you can still get them some places for $249. Not a bad deal if you're looking for a tablet. I've had The Alpha builds on mine and they've been pretty stable. No issues at all. But it is hit or miss on these things. Some people have issues and rock solid for others. I am really excited about getting ICS as it's got tablet optimization built in.

Do you have any links to the ones for $249? I might be interested in picking another one up.

Sent from my HP Touchpad running CM9

vaeron

Reaction score
...and after a minor install hiccup, it works pretty well. Can't wait til the next release so it will do Netflix again. It's like a brand new tablet with ICS. CM7 was pretty good..they got it stable at 3.5, but CM9 is better.

I agree... I love CM9 with the exception of no streaming netflix or online video, and no camera support :( it'll get there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sorry don't have any links for the $250 TPs. I think there's some on eBay.

As for CM9. Stellar.,definitely an Alpha compared to the CM7 builds, but worth it.
I would use ICS Browser+ and for OCing use no-frills. Also need an older version of titanium backup, if you use it. 4.0.2 is confirmed to work.

sent from my ICS flavored Touchpad

vaeron

Reaction score
Did you use the acmeinstaller2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk