HP Touchpad Android Hack Progressing; Now Includes 3D Graphics Gaming Support

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ApfeSj4Ql6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApfeSj4Ql6Q&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

The guys of the Cyanogenmod team have progressed further in their quest to cram Android onto the HP Touchpad. Apparently, they have been able to get 3D graphics acceleration to work, as well as both cores of the 1.5GHz Snapdragon CPU. Here's a quote from the SlashGear article with a few more details,
Meanwhile there have also been improvements on sound support, with the TouchPad’s Beats Audio blessed speakers now functional. Multitouch touchscreen support was added earlier in the month, and there’s working WiFi and accelerometer. Unfortunately there’s still a list of components not yet playing nicely with Android: the front-facing camera and Bluetooth for a start, as well as accurate reporting on battery status. Some of the sensors aren’t working either, like the digital compass and gyroscope.
The modding team's goal is to make the tablet able to dual-boot between Android and webOS. There is no word on a potential time-frame to completion, but they have committed to only release the port when it is finished. Check out the video above of some of the games and HD video in action.

Source: HPTouchPadForums.net via SlashGear

zatchmo

Reaction score
For what it's worth, he does say in the video the battery driver is working. I thought that meant correct battery reporting?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's one of the best videos I've seen demonstrating progress on a device. Must donate immediately!

xaev01

Reaction score
Small correction... the processor is actually a 1.2ghz processor.

The msm8660 is actually rated for 1.5ghz, but HP factory downclocked it to 1.2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums