Just bought a new droid for $300 off-contract

Parafly9

Reaction score
It was a stab in the dark on an eBay listing - Best Offer submission. Hopefully it's legit.. the seller had decent feedback, and there were a handful of other buyers before me.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out... :)

I'm coming from a Tour by the way, which I am so sick of. I need speed, I need a droid! :reddroid::greendroid::reddroid::greendroid::reddroid:

:icon_ banana:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you get the IMEI to check if it was legit?

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
Did you get the IMEI to check if it was legit?

I didn't actually - I assumed (you know what they say...) since it is brand-new in box it would be clean. the seller does have a return policy, plus there is no mention of it, so I could always file a complaint if that wasn't the case with good reason.

The low price does make me both nervous and happy :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Goodluck!........

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
Goodluck!........

Thanks. I'm a bit nervous (bought and sold a lot of expensive **** on ebay before but never a phone). but I think the buyer protection policies, despite all their loopholes, will cover me if there turns out to be an issue, even if it does take a couple weeks / months lol.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I'm always careful buying stuff like phones on eBay for some reason don't trust it..but good luck man

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
I'm always careful buying stuff like phones on eBay for some reason don't trust it..but good luck man

Yeah me too... but no way could I swing $600 for new from the store. My contract isn't up until 2011 and I don't think I can wait that long with my tour :lol:

tktouch12

Reaction score
thats a great deal. if its legit ill be impressed by that price. i've never tried the make an offer before, but i have more faith in it now.
btw, is it shipping from america? because otherwise it will cost like 50 bucks to return to another country. (my sister bought a fraud ipod nano for $80 and paypal would gives us the money back, but the return shipping was $50, so we just said screw it)

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
thats a great deal. if its legit ill be impressed by that price. i've never tried the make an offer before, but i have more faith in it now.
btw, is it shipping from america? because otherwise it will cost like 50 bucks to return to another country. (my sister bought a fraud ipod nano for $80 and paypal would gives us the money back, but the return shipping was $50, so we just said screw it)

Yeah, it's coming from Las Vegas. I dunno... I could potentially see it being stolen or something like that. If it is, I will just have to deal with the headache of paypal / ebay and the refund process. It's not like I sent the guy a money order or anything so the protections are in place.

I'll keep everyone updated :) I'm not in a rush for the phone so I can wait to find a good deal!

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
Good, more research looks good. I bought it Yvonne Hajar, the ebay account lines up with the paypal account and everything is verificed. She even has a linked in page :)

Yvonne Hajar - LinkedIn
gotta love the power of google.

Darkman6909

Reaction score
Hope you get it! I got my Droid 2 days ago and i am impressed every day something new happens.