Google Interview -- Q&A or just A...

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very cool experience. Thanks for telling that.

And to be off topic: I would think it will depend on how computers change and what happens with continued free data exchange on the web. Moving more web based would certainly help Google play catchup. They have enough products to make a very good user starting point. And really Facebook seems to not be advancing or trying to be innovative anymore. Neither one would be knocked off overnight anyway.

I agree, Google definitely has the means and the ideas to make some strides in social networking, but I think FB is just so deeply integrated in so many people's lives it's going to be hard to overcome (and I don't even know or think that that was Google's goal with Google+ anyway). I have a FB account and a Google+ account, and I never was someone who posts every minute of my day on either site, but just perusing the sites you can easily tell the dynamic is different for both. One is a free for all for everyone and their mother to post every mundane topic in their life and the other is more of a niche-y environment.

Now to somehow correlate all this into the OP, I wish they had hired me so that I could have helped Google+ become the next FB haha (or something like that)

Droidlovinyogi said:
Great post! Thanks for sharing your experience and big ups to you for going after it. Stay on it!
I’m going to have my 14 and 16 year old read this.

Thanks, yeah I wrote this up for people who may be considering applying to any big corporation. The worst that'll happen is you get a no. The best is you'll be set for life working for a great company (whether it's Google, Apple, Microsoft, FB or any other company out there).