[Exclusive]New Feature Article: Developer Interviews From User Questions; Rovio First

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
red_question_mark_circle_clip_art.jpg

We wanted to share a new idea with you guys that could become a regular DroidForums exclusive. We intend to reach out to our contacts in the app developer community, and do a specialized email interview with each of them.

The unique angle is that instead of us asking the questions, we will post a thread before-hand in which we let you guys know who we are interviewing, then you guys post the questions that you would like answered. Our editorial staff will pick the most unique and interesting 10-12 questions from the bunch, and send them to the developer. Once we get them back, we will post your very own personal interview Q&A article for everyone to share.

At first, this will be an experiment to see how much you guys like it, and how quickly the process takes with the developers. If it ends up being a good idea and doable, we may make it a regular monthly, or bi-weekly feature. Also, in each new thread, feel free to comment on which developers you would like to see interviewed, and we will try and do those first. Furthermore, we want to mix it up by having direct interviews with our forum members that are developers. If there is a particular developer on the site that you would like to hear from, then please let us know in the thread.

For our first experimental interview, we were lucky enough to score a contact with none-other than the amazing "Angry Birds" developers themselves, Rovio! So, let's get this thing kicked off... start posting your questions. We will be taking questions until Monday of next week, and then we will sift through them to send off to Rovio. Thanks for participating!

dgstorm

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
This is a cool idea...

My questions:

How long was the process of building the first Birds app, from story board > physics > graphics, etc., and how much shorter has it gotten now that they're on the third installment?

Will they make another game/app outside of the series? ie, will they make another app not based on birds that are angry?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Is there going to be 3D angry birds for 3D capable devices?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

matt2783

Reaction score
Is the original Angry Birds going to continue to be updated? It seems like Seasons and Rio have been getting all of the attention.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
What is the size of the entire staff at Rovio, and where are they based out of?
(this info may be available on the web, but I'm too lazy to look)

drpurp

Reaction score
I have heard of some development issues/criticisms on the Android platform as opposed to something like iOS. What are some of the benefits they have encountered during development on Android?

DaWolf85

Reaction score
How much did the concept of Angry Birds (and, to a lesser extent, its sequels) change from the original concept?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need a few more questions

Since it's a holiday weekend and people may not have had a chance to read this thread, I am going to let it run until Friday, June 3rd, so we can get a few more questions.