Just a quick android note

doublea500

Reaction score
Dont you just hate it when you tell someone to stop using a task killer and the person denies it and says "gives me better battery and makes my phone quicker". The worst thing is when the person says that the store where they bought it told them to use the task killer or installed it for them. Just wanted to put this out there.

Beka27

Reaction score
I know. I don't even bother informing/correcting people anymore. The ones I know who use it *SWEAR BY IT*... but they're also the ones who barely use their phone; they check email and Facebook occasionally and that's it. So... whatever.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Good to know its not just me then.

leftspin

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I've found that the people who swear by the task killer don't really know exactly what it does. When I've asked them to explain it to me they say "kills tasks and makes the phone faster and the battery longer and stuff"

jleeusa

Reaction score
If I prevent just one person from using a task killer then its worth it.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Reaction score
Uh...me noob...what DOES task killer do? I have rooted my phone and regularly use it still just for peace of mind feeling like my phone isn't getting to many things tied up @ once...so...community! Enlighten me!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jleeusa

Reaction score
The short version seems to be that the android operating system knows what its doing with apps, so just let it. There are a ton of threads that debate this issue and explain it well.

hydro556

Reaction score
I will be happy when things in my life are in such good order that I can afford to be bothered by something so meaningless. Who cares? LOL

hydro556

Reaction score
If I prevent just one person from using a task killer then its worth it.

I just spit beer on my keyboard. If that was sarcasm it is freaking hilarious. If serious, I am shocked by that statement. I am afraid it is the latter.