Verizon Stores Always Install App Killers?

harrellj

Reaction score
Ya, I'm wondering if I should keep it on my phone but only use it in a very sparing manner. So the free memory that it creates when you close all the apps doesn't actually make it faster?

Darryl

Nope, because a lot of those processes (if not all) will then turn around and prompt the system to be relaunched, negating what you just did.

If an app is running bonkers, I usually can't get the phone to respond enough to launch a task killer to kill the runaway and find a reboot to be more useful and less frustrating.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Really appreciate the info folks. Just took "the killer" off my phone. I appreciate being able to come on here and you "guys" are so willing to help a guy who isn't really up on all this good stuff. Thanks again.

Darryl

gspmmafan

Reaction score
Really appreciate the info folks. Just took "the killer" off my phone. I appreciate being able to come on here and you "guys" are so willing to help a guy who isn't really up on all this good stuff. Thanks again.

Darryl

I also just took it off. Will see how it goes.

Bateluer

Reaction score
In the case of the Droid X and Droid 2, its because of all the bloat on the phones. :icon_ devil:

marcw

Reaction score
Why is it that Verizon stores always install App Killers on thier phones?? I went into 3 stores today, and all the new droid phones (2, x, inc.) all had app kill programs on them. I did the store a favor and uninstalled them from all the display phones, then talked to the manager about why he should stop doing that since it kills battery and ultimately slows the phone down. 2 other verizon reps joined the convo, and by the end of the talk were uninstalling the app killers from thier own phones.

I showed them the google/android site that says dont use them, and told them about these forums to get more info - but why is it they seem to always want to put these useless apps on thier phones??

Maybe the display's have task killers on, so the phone will close all apps and go to the home page for the next customer after the 1st customer messes around with it.

Does the store install this for you on your phone? Mine did not.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Verizon shouldn't be installing ANYTHING on your devices. It's not their place to do so.

I really don't understand this.... Seems like a liability in waiting.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon shouldn't be installing ANYTHING on your devices. It's not their place to do so.

I really don't understand this.... Seems like a liability in waiting.[/QUOTE Verizon probly has nothing to do with it... I bet its just the sales reps trying to be helpful...I know they represent the company but i bet they are just trying to do what they know best. Computer common sense says that task killers are good but this OS is new.... Maybe they should read up on it some more.... (they are selling the product, the least they could do is study up a bit)