June 27 2011 and still no root for Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

debrad0307

Reaction score
No we need to push a bit the developer to root it. They root quickly on things that is famous and not this probably because it's a old phone.

Again... stop complaining and do something about it yourself. There were warnings all over this forum about the OTA not being rootable. You downloaded and installed the OTA knowing this. Your loss. Stop pestering the devs, its not their problem. You've already been given advice on what to do. If you don't want to do it then be stuck with an unrooted OTA. I'm not trying to be mean but sheesh... if you want an OTA root THAT bad, do it yourself

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

Whatever these developer should get on it. I donate every month to them. They could root it but they have other things to worry about then us droid x user.

Just because you "donate" x amount of dollars to the devs doesn't mean a damn thing. They aren't going to drop everything and root the OTA because you are demanding it. You made the decision to accept the OTA now deal with it. Stop complaining and offering to throw out money for someone to root your phone. I don't feel sorry for you and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This thread needs to be closed. It is a waste of time. If it is that big of a deal try gingerbreak but its not guaranteed to work...

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Again... stop complaining and do something about it yourself. There were warnings all over this forum about the OTA not being rootable. You downloaded and installed the OTA knowing this. Your loss. Stop pestering the devs, its not their problem. You've already been given advice on what to do. If you don't want to do it then be stuck with an unrooted OTA. I'm not trying to be mean but sheesh... if you want an OTA root THAT bad, do it yourself

Whatever these developer should get on it. I donate every month to them. They could root it but they have other things to worry about then us droid x user.

Just because you "donate" x amount of dollars to the devs doesn't mean a damn thing. They aren't going to drop everything and root the OTA because you are demanding it. You made the decision to accept the OTA now deal with it. Stop complaining and offering to throw out money for someone to root your phone. I don't feel sorry for you and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This thread needs to be closed. It is a waste of time. If it is that big of a deal try gingerbreak but its not guaranteed to work...

+1 to locking this nonsense

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just download the rooted .596 file... its not that hard. You can't have it all, you are using a phone made for a certain network and you have hacked it to work on another. You can't expect it to work exactly the same...

sent from my ApeX

blopez992DX

Reaction score
sbf back to stock fryoyo root with z4root dwnload droid 2 yes i said droid 2 dwnload the deoxidized pre rooted gingerbread install on sdcard go into recovery mode and install and u get a prerooted 2.3.3 gingerbread -Dx

and thank the dev for even making these tools availiable for you never blame them unless u wanna do things yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.