gingerbread OTA root

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its legit. They're talking about the TBH 2 part files. Myself and countless others have done it.

Also, the OTA is unrootable. You are flashing a tweaked version of the OTA.

CM74DX

sparks639

Reaction score
Sbf'ng back to froyo then flashing one of the rooted update zips from the tbh app is basically the standard route to rooted gb. I've done it multiple times.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JWellington

Reaction score
Yea it is basically just the stock Droid X firmware but with root.

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.

en28so

Reaction score
yup. I just used the all in one TBH zip to install the rooted .602 update. The stock update ran pretty good and fast with good battery life but I missed my root apps. Hopefully my battery life will be the same with this method.

stompsfrogs

Reaction score
balls, I just put on the un-rooted gb by accident... I didn't know you couldn't root gb :(
I feel so dumb right now you guys... well, start over.

stompsfrogs

Reaction score
How prescient of you, I put GB on because I wanted to get to Liberty, which was why I was disappointed that the leak I downloaded was un-rootable. I already got the Liberty installer app from the market, I read such good things about it I figured I'd pay for it before I even tried it. I read for hours, man, and I never stumbled across the fact that GB was not currently rootable. I figured I'd just z4 and bam. Everything went so smooth, no boot-looping or anything. I was like XD. Then O_O.