Jumpy screen when plugged in

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
Does anyone else's Eris get buggy when plugged in? My screen gets all "jittery" and the buttons don't work the way they should. Only when it's plugged in though, doesn't matter if it's plugged into the computer or the wall charger. Almost makes it unusable. Well, it actually does because I find myself unplugging when I need to use it instead of leaving it plugged in.

jacobrv

Reaction score
That usually means you are using the wrong voltage/amperage. Are you using the cable/charger that came with the phone?

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
That usually means you are using the wrong voltage/amperage. Are you using the cable/charger that came with the phone?

Yup, sure am! Well, half the time. The one I got with my phone is plugged into my bedroom where I leave it plugged in all night. (I like to read at night on my phone) The one plugged into my computer is from... I think my old BB? They both do the same thing.

hortonj54

Reaction score
Mine did this as well for a few days. It was back when I was using a ATK and mindlessly downloading apps. I got rid of ATK and a lot of apps I didn't use and I haven't had the problem since. It's hard to say what was the cause tho since I didn't remove one at a time and plug in the phone to check. Not sure if that helps you any.

BTW: I am using the stock wall charger and it is plugged in the same place every night. No problems like that anymore for me.

Good Luck

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
I would lean towards it being a program/app had it not done it from the instant I took it out of the box and plugged it in.
Makes me think it's not quite normal and maybe I should talk to tech support about it. ugh...

Oohyeah

Reaction score
It's the charger.

I'm getting jumpy screens when I plug it into the computer or via a non-Moto charger. Same thing with the Nexus One when using a non-Nexus/Moto charger. The annoying thing is that I can't find an alternative charger that has the exact same voltage/amperage as the Moto/Nexus charger.

kilagambino

Reaction score
I had the Same problem I had one of them after market car chargers that jacked up my phone. I took it back to verizon and got a new phone and Verizon car charger. my new phone has been fine. No more Jitters

KuddlKat

Reaction score
Thanks for the info regarding chargers. My Droid would get really jittery when I tried to use it while plugged into a Belkin multi-tap w/ USB ports. Since it always charged okay, I never thought that was the problem.

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Its not the charger itself. A charger that doesnt supply the same amps and voltage only kill your battery quicker and never charges full even tho it says it is. The problem is the plug in is at the bottom of the phone and is actually a manufacturing error. When its plugged in and gets moved around it messes with the track ball causing the track ball to scroll even when not touched. Both mine and my girls phone did that and there is no way of fixing it. Luckily we were still under warranty and got new phones. So again, its the trackball issue not the charger itself

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
On my D1, while plugged in, the browser gets wonky. I can hold my finger in one spot & it shakes.

Lithoss

Reaction score
Its not the charger itself. A charger that doesnt supply the same amps and voltage only kill your battery quicker and never charges full even tho it says it is. The problem is the plug in is at the bottom of the phone and is actually a manufacturing error. When its plugged in and gets moved around it messes with the track ball causing the track ball to scroll even when not touched. Both mine and my girls phone did that and there is no way of fixing it. Luckily we were still under warranty and got new phones. So again, its the trackball issue not the charger itself

i love everyone definitively saying that its NOT this and NOT that... clearly what is screwing up yours is the same problem everyone else has and any other solution is clearly not possible.