Juice Defender Question

lyam

Reaction score
So I've heard the arguments for and against using this app. I have found that it does increase my battery life. Primarily, it seems, due to reducing the amount of time my phone spends searching for a signal. Prior to using JD, my phone would frequently spend upwards of %25 of it's uptime looking for a signal (even with 3 to 4 bars!).

Anyway, my question is this... It doesn't appear that my widgets are updating while my phone is off. It was my understanding that the typical behavior of a well programmed widget was that it would poll for data service and finding none, would queue up in anticipation of resumed data service. However, this does not seem to be happening with either Beautiful Widgets or Launcher Pro Plus widgets.

I've tried whitelisting the widgets in Juice Defender but that doesn't help either.

Anyone else have a way around this?

Thanks,

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I use the easy default settings and mobile toggle widget to keep 3g off anytime I'm not using it. It has doubled my battery because I live in a rural area and my phone struggles to pick up a solid data signal. I wouldn't go without UJD (Ultimate Juice Defender).

Yup...Tapatalk'd

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I set my widgets to refresh on wake up or long periods between so it's not that much of an issue for me. See if your widgets can refresh upon phone wake.

Sent from my Droid using DF app

OP
L

lyam

Reaction score
I set my widgets to refresh on wake up or long periods between so it's not that much of an issue for me. See if your widgets can refresh upon phone wake.

Yes, I have BW set to do that, but apparently it's too quick on the attempt. It takes a second for the data to re-sestablish upon wake and I think BW misses it's chance.

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have BW set to do that, but apparently it's too quick an the attempt. It takes a second for the data to re-sestablish upon wake and I think BW misses it's chance.

I hate it when that happens. If you have the paid version I believe you can set the length time it makes the data connection. Try that