Juice Defender

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Does anyone use this app? If so which version did you dwnld from the marketplace? There's the ultimate version, the plus version, the beta version... I wound up dwnlding the ultimate version (twice), couldn't find the app and also it said that wasn't the main app anyway so I did get refunded for both.

I wanted Juice Defender because I'm using 3G Watchdog and it uses either JD or APNDroid for turning off 3G and stuff. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jf7609

Reaction score
I use JD and it works awesome. I've recommended it to a couple Droid 2 users who were complaining about short battery life and they said that it helped them a lot. Hope this helps!

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible using Droid Forums app.

jf7609

Reaction score
Ohh, and the light version is all you will need. The second option in your settings will work fine. It turns off the 3g when the screen is off then comes back on when you wake the phone. There is also a widget so you can forfeit to stay on or off

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible using Droid Forums app.

albie

Reaction score
I wound up dwnlding the ultimate version (twice), couldn't find the app and also it said that wasn't the main app anyway so I did get refunded for both.

Hi Cutiedroid,
To run JuiceDefender Ultimate you need the basic package "JuiceDefender - Battery Saver" or "JuiceDefender Beta" alternatively. What JD Ultimate does is it unlocks all the power saving features available on JuiceDefender.

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Yes, I dwnlded JD Beta last night and it loaded, no problems. So is it recommended that I dwnld Ultimate also? I saw the comparo for the three JDs. Does Ultimate make the Beta more stable? And does how does Cyanogenmod play a part with Juice Defender? The Dev recommended it with a wink. (I am rooted but nothing else.)

albie

Reaction score
Hey Cutiedroid, the free stable version should be back on the Market shortly. I'll send an update on JuiceDefender's facebook profile as soon as it is back on, stay tuned if you are interested. Meanwhile you can definitely use Beta, it works alright at its present state! And once JuiceDefender - Battery Saver is back on the Market you'll just need to uninstall Beta and install the stable version. You won't need to re-buy Ultimate: any app you buy is associated with your google account - that means it'll be yours forever, even if you change phone ;)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey cutie, pm me if you need Ultimate. I can help you out

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Hey Cutiedroid, the free stable version should be back on the Market shortly. I'll send an update on JuiceDefender's facebook profile as soon as it is back on, stay tuned if you are interested. Meanwhile you can definitely use Beta, it works alright at its present state! And once JuiceDefender - Battery Saver is back on the Market you'll just need to uninstall Beta and install the stable version. You won't need to re-buy Ultimate: any app you buy is associated with your google account - that means it'll be yours forever, even if you change phone ;)

At this point Beta and Ultimate seem to be working just fine. OTOH tho, I tend not to fiddle to much either, so I'm using the customize profile of Ultimate without changing anything. But I'll be on the lookout for Battery Saver. Thanks.

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Hey cutie, pm me if you need Ultimate. I can help you out

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Hi friend! I'm set for the Juice Defender apps, thanks, and things are working just fine. I do have a question for you. I'm using the widget so what does the x1.37 mean? Is that a percentage of increase for the battery? Not to impressive so far. :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. It takes a good 48 hours before you'll get an accurate read of this number. You can also go in and customize the settings. That's the beauty of Ultimate. 1.37 is a third more battery which isn't bad so far!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I have another question: if that widget number starts out x1.37 but decreases to...x1.17 is that normal? This is unplugged, thru the day, a combination of off and on line activities. I don't think I need small words, but I might need a bit of explanation as to what I'm doing and what I should be looking for with 3G Watchdog and Juice Defender. And thanks as always.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Each phone is different so the battery life will vary with use. Juice defender uses estimates. The longer you use it, the more accurate it will be. It is normal for it to go up and down. A good idea is to calibrate the battery. Dl the app battery calibration from the market.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Gracklor

Reaction score
JD and 2.3.4

I'm running Android 2.3.4., and it seems that JD doesn't work with this version of Gingerbread. Has anyone else encountered this? :icon_eek: