jelly bean

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I go about doing this? I bought the phone new a week ago from a guy off Craigslist. It's insured through Verizon, so do they just help me anyway?

Did you get it insured or was it insured for the seller?...usually when phones change hands, the insurance is void. You may have to go directly through Samsung. And that could take a couple weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

greycobalt

Reaction score
I went directly from the guy to Verizon for a SIM card, and the lady asked if I wanted to add insurance on the phone, and I said yes. That's all I got. /shrug

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went directly from the guy to Verizon for a SIM card, and the lady asked if I wanted to add insurance on the phone, and I said yes. That's all I got. /shrug

Well sounds like you lucked out. VZ usually won't insure secondhand devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

greycobalt

Reaction score
This is actually the first secondhand one I've ever had, but it seemed odd that would be the case. If I took it in and they looked it up, are they only looking at whether or not it's insured, or will they try to find the date of purchase and all that jazz?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There is no set time if I remember correctly. I think the last thing I read said late 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Not that I'm picking on you or anything Rivard, but I think we should have a sticky about the Jelly Bean update for the Razr/Maxx cause this question is asked about once a week.

rivard04

Reaction score
Sorry just downloaded the app today and didnt know where to look

Jdanner46

Reaction score
GoCliffGo05 said:
There is no set time if I remember correctly. I think the last thing I read said late 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

No one will still have the maxx if its late 2013, maybe 2012

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
When Motorola announced JB for their phones, they expected the new Razrs (HD and M) to get JB by the end of the year and Razrs to get it by January-early 2013. So far they have been on schedule.

NWRULES

Reaction score
Seriously Motorola? I've had my phone about 9 months now and you're going to update people who got the M and Maxx HD a month ago, first? Screw you Motorola. What a joke. Dear HTC, please make a phone with a battery bigger than 3300 mh, so i can ditch this slow, glitchy POS

joshxdroid

Reaction score
NWRULES said:
Seriously Motorola? I've had my phone about 9 months now and you're going to update people who got the M and Maxx HD a month ago, first? Screw you Motorola. What a joke. Dear HTC, please make a phone with a battery bigger than 3300 mh, so i can ditch this slow, glitchy POS

Companies are always going to get updates for their newest devices first. Think about it, they are trying to sell new phones and are competing with Samsung and others who are already on jelly bean. So updating their current line up is first priority. By your logic they should be updating the ogdroid, D2, DX, x2, D3, ans bionic before yours, so be glad they don't do it that way

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean