jelly bean

Mace Windu

Reaction score
I recently flashed a 4.1 leak (smiling). There is only one issue, web browsing is extremely slow. What has been your guys' experience with 4.1 this far?

droidhayabusa

Reaction score
No issue for me at all, been running 4.1 for a week. You using wifi, 4g, 3g...? I heard that there may be connectivity issues w wifi, hence my question. Bear in mind I get all my information from small children so I could be way off...

greycobalt

Reaction score
I just got the Nexus yesterday, but have noticed so far that on 4.0.4 my signal just turns off every once in a while. Pretty annoying. Do you think Jellybean would fix that? I want to flash to it also, but since the only way to get the root access and CWM is by unlocking (and wiping the whole thing), I really don't want to do that. Any options or thoughts? Thanks.

duyna

Reaction score
I had replaced three phones and three new Sim cards before I was able to get steady signal, so far so good with my gnex

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I just got the Nexus yesterday, but have noticed so far that on 4.0.4 my signal just turns off every once in a while. Pretty annoying. Do you think Jellybean would fix that? I want to flash to it also, but since the only way to get the root access and CWM is by unlocking (and wiping the whole thing), I really don't want to do that. Any options or thoughts? Thanks.

JellyBean probably won't help your signal issues. There are a few main things here that are more than likely the culprit:

- Tower trouble with VZW - Sometimes VZW has trouble with their network at times. For example if you live in an area that is ravaged by storms recently, it is a definite possibility they are having technical difficulties.

- Device trouble - As mentioned above, some folks have had to go through multiple devices and perhaps SIM cards before getting decent results. Unfortunately it seems as though some folks just have terrible luck with this phone

- Radio changes - Some folks get better signal with certain radios than others (this is software). There are a few different radios available currently, some folks report better success with different radios. When Verizon does an OTA for JellyBean they could update the radios again. You have to unlock to change radios.

Side note, if you plan on unlocking your device it is not a terrible idea to do it early. As you mentioned it does wipe everything, so the longer you wait the more stuff you will have to backup and restore. There are ways to back quite a bit of stuff up to make restoration as painless as possible (I could explain some of these options more if you wanted me to), so it really doesn't matter. But that is just something to think about.

ColinZack

Reaction score
JB fixed my radio issues. On 4.0.4 if I turned off data for a bit and tried to turn it back on, sometimes I had to restart my phone to get data back. With JB, I always get data back fairly quickly after turning it back on.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
We don't know 100% for sure... but we certainly hope so.. like you said, ics and jb are closely related... and the DX went from eclaire to froyo to gb.. so let's hope the razr and maxx get that same level of support.. I think they will. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
If I was a betting Man, I would say yes. Razr/Maxx is still a Primary Flag phone for Verizon and JB is current (not future) so,
again that is a prediction.
Will I be watching? Absolutely Not, fell into that hole - once. Fall twice and it's tough to blame the hole.

greycobalt

Reaction score
I've had zero issues on my Galaxy Nexus.

Here's your gold star. :hail:

;)

I'm in love with this phone, but the battery life and 4G problems just tick me off. If I keep the phone on 3G, I have no issues, but the second I switch on the LTE setting, the radio loses all signal every 5 minutes or so on the dot. Very annoying.

Do we know yet if Verizon is planning on it coming out this month? Or will we be waiting into the fall?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have a defective phone. Talk to verizon about a replacement.

This. One of my replacements lost LTE signal every 10 minutes on the dot. I'm on my 5th replacement. Unfortunately you just have to phone VZ and keep on doing do until you get a good one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

greycobalt

Reaction score
How do I go about doing this? I bought the phone new a week ago from a guy off Craigslist. It's insured through Verizon, so do they just help me anyway?