Jelly bean finally announced!......Sort of...

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Someday, we'll get it. My next upgrade is in September. Since I'm not a sucker to pay for the latest and greatest, that Maxx HD will get me back to the thin look, real cheap by then. Sorry, it's still just a phone, with goodies.
Going to miss the Bionic only lapdock though. Should be running real sweet with JB, they say.

Tums

Reaction score
Someday, we'll get it. My next upgrade is in September. Since I'm not a sucker to pay for the latest and greatest, that Maxx HD will get me back to the thin look, real cheap by then. Sorry, it's still just a phone, with goodies.
Going to miss the Bionic only lapdock though. Should be running real sweet with JB, they say.

I am in the same boat my upgrade is in October but most likely I will be sticking with this phone for a bit. It does all i need it do so I am fine with it. I mean I had my phone prior to this one a LG Dare for 3 and half years and the only reason I got rid of it is because it went bonkers. So I can see myself sticking with this phone for at least another year I've had no issues.

As for the Jelly Bean update I think we will get it sooner than later in Q2. My guess would be sometime by the end of April maybe early May at the latest but that is just a guess so who knows. I think along with the Xoom LTE it is the only Verizon/Motorala product the remains to get the update so I could see it happening within another month realistically. And yes most likely 4.1.2 will be the last update for this phone and I would also guess the Rzr/MAXX and D4

Last edited:
OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
I think the Razr phones will probably get 5.0 key lime pie. They said each phone will get 2 major updates, came with ginger bread so jelly bean is 1 and key lime would be 2....just sucks we have to wait so long....

mattyj724

Reaction score
My update is in July. I was looking at the s4 but I'm gonna stick it out with the jb update and see what comes out later this year

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I think the Razr phones will probably get 5.0 key lime pie. They said each phone will get 2 major updates, came with ginger bread so jelly bean is 1 and key lime would be 2....just sucks we have to wait so long....

Did you forget about ics

spudland

Reaction score
Don't see Jellybean saving my Android experience

I've decided to not get in a hurry to upgrade my Bionic. It's just a phone with benefits as far as I'm concerned. I had a Palm Pre for 2 years before I got this phone and if they had stayed in the business I'd still own a Palm. Best multitasking phone hands down. Took me awhile to get used to Android and still not sure I'm used to it (or want to be for that matter). I've been dinking around with Windows 8 on my home computer (even though I don't have a touchscreen monitor, which is almost a must to fully realize the potential of this software) and I think I'll go try out the Windows 8 phone in the store to see how it compares to WebOS...just not happy with the way Android handles app switching.

Bfp

Reaction score
I've decided to not get in a hurry to upgrade my Bionic. It's just a phone with benefits as far as I'm concerned. I had a Palm Pre for 2 years before I got this phone and if they had stayed in the business I'd still own a Palm. Best multitasking phone hands down. Took me awhile to get used to Android and still not sure I'm used to it (or want to be for that matter). I've been dinking around with Windows 8 on my home computer (even though I don't have a touchscreen monitor, which is almost a must to fully realize the potential of this software) and I think I'll go try out the Windows 8 phone in the store to see how it compares to WebOS...just not happy with the way Android handles app switching.

The wife just got a windows 8 phone a Nokia 822 lumina, not a bad phone and i would say the radio in it ts as good as my bionic.

mykl376

Reaction score
I use PdaNet+/FoxFi enough to not really be excited about JB. I've never rooted my Bionic, but if that's what it takes I guess I'll have to do it eventually. I've got 3 extended batteries plus an external battery charger, car dock, lap dock... I would be okay keeping my Bionic for a few more months as long as I can keep tethering. I'm no super "data hog," but I probably average 8-9 gigs a month.

Reaction score
I'm no super "data hog," but I probably average 8-9 gigs a month.

Define "super". I'd say that's a great deal of data for one person for one month. My wife and I combined never come close to touching our 4 GB limit. I guess if you're watching a lot of netflix or other streaming services on train rides/plane trips or what-have-you then I can see why.

This potential update does have me re-thinking whether I should pull the trigger in May when my new phone eligibility opens up, or if JB on this baby will be enough to give it more life. I want to wait to see what the Moto X phone has to offer and compare it to the S4, so hopefully JB on the Bionic will give it a breath of new life that will help me wait for the X to be released so I can make the best decision.

spudland

Reaction score
I use 10 gigs a month and I don't consider myself a power user at all

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2