Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This seems to have been a mistake on Moto's part. Update seems to be being pulled from the servers. Makes since, cause a major update like this never goes out with out a known soak test or white papers being posted on Moto/VZW sites.

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
They renamed the SD card. Internal storage is now Device storage/storage/SDCARD0. And the actual SD card is Storage/SCDARD1. It did not erase my stuff. It duplicated everything - one folder under each of the SD card names, the old one with .ext and the new one. I have a feeling that if I delete one it will take everything from both folders. And they took away the "move to SD card" option under storage. It's showing everything in two places. Argh.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
They renamed the SD card. Internal storage is now Device storage/storage/SDCARD0. And the actual SD card is Storage/SCDARD1. It did not erase my stuff. It duplicated everything - one folder under each of the SD card names, the old one with .ext and the new one. I have a feeling that if I delete one it will take everything from both folders. And they took away the "move to SD card" option under storage. It's showing everything in two places. Argh.

Told ya! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jesco

Reaction score
I had the option to update. I hit the download button, it said fail and now it says im up to date???

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Accidental push by Moto, see some of the previous posts above.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
So from what I am reading this was a mistake on Moto's part. Unauthorized version apparently. So now when the true version comes out, will they tell us too bad you are running an unauthorized version? Because one of their employees is retarded?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huh? Told me what....what did I miss!!!

Looked back and I think Meltman was the one who said he lost so many photos. Mine are just doubled lol. Would rather have doubles than missing!

My bad. I thought you and he were the same member without looking. Hope meltman's situation is the same or similar. :(

Rogus

Reaction score
Funny that I just received notification of an available update. Why would I get the notification now if they've pulled the update? I debated just choosing later, but I was curious what would happen if I chose to update. I immediately received a "Update failed" message. Not unexpected, but I figured I wouldn't receive any notification this late if they aren't doing the update.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My recommendation to everyone is if you get the notification, download, but don't install before copying it off to the external SD card (assuming you're rooted, and if not you may want to so this file can be archived). :D

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
My bad. I thought you and he were the same member without looking. Hope meltman's situation is the same or similar. :(

Yeah I looked back to see. When I go into My Files, the photo folders are empty on the Device Storage. But when I go to My Gallery, or Just Pictures they are showing double folders, all with the same pictures. Two different update dates. I think they are cross-linked and if you delete one you delete them out of every folder. What a mess. That clown at Moto needs to be fired for this mess.

skipbl92

Reaction score
Next question would be: How long before we get the "real" update? My guess would be end of Jan. beginning of Feb., that way the soak test can happen.