Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

badjwl

Reaction score
Using the official JB update found on the Droid Life website, my average battery life has increased to around 30-36 hours up from the 20-24 hours I was getting a before. Also, I installed the Razr M home screen, circles widget, and weather app and all are running perfectly in sync with Jellybean. Google Now is running quite smoothly as well.

All in all, I gotta say that it was worth the risk going got the OTA JB that the nice gentlemen uploaded to DroidLife.

badjwl

Reaction score
I should also add that after updating initially, I did find the phone to be a bit glitchy. However, after performing a Factory Data Reset, everything is working flawlessly.

That of course was my fault though for not wiping the cache prior to the install.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I should also add that after updating initially, I did find the phone to be a bit glitchy. However, after performing a Factory Data Reset, everything is working flawlessly.

That of course was my fault though for not wiping the cache prior to the install.

I had a bunch of triangles on mine. I ended up reinstalling some apps. It seems ok to me. I don't know if I'm getting the same battery life as you are, but it is an improvement. I use a sleep manager called Zeo which syncs with my phone. If I forget to charge it while my phone is syncing with this device, I'm almost certain the battery will run out. That said, I'm tuned into charging my phone every night. I really couldn't tell you how many hours I get on my phone, now but it's better. Plus, I'm taking notes on what people do to conserve battery. Some things make a lot of sense, in particular, sync settings.

I've had my phone unplugged for 12 hours, and according to a battery monitor, I've got about 15 hours left, and my battery is at 70%.

Rhino94

Reaction score
So just out of curiosity what do you have display set to? Auto brightness? Do you have display power saver checked? I am trying to figure how you a another person have display percentages and OS in the 30

I usually have it set to auto and when I don't I turn it kind of low like 20% or something like tht. My suggestion for you is to drain your battery all the way down to almost 0% and then charge it. The battery will last a lot longer if you do that every 2 weeks ish. I usually also have my sync on but I rarely use WiFi because 4G is so fast compared to it.

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
I ended up doing a factory reset with my phone after I updated to JB and my battery life has improved.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I have been consistently getting better than 50 hours on each charge since Jelly Bean. I think this time I may make it to 60 hours! dancedroid

David

aarong03

Reaction score
I have been consistently getting better than 50 hours on each charge since Jelly Bean. I think this time I may make it to 60 hours! dancedroid

David

So I've been reading and seeing all the comments on the Jelly Bean leak. I'm running ICS 215 leak and am very happy with my maxx. I guess I'm looking for people's opinion go with the jelly bean leak or wait for the official release.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

YellowJacket

Reaction score
So I've been reading and seeing all the comments on the Jelly Bean leak. I'm running ICS 215 leak and am very happy with my maxx. I guess I'm looking for people's opinion go with the jelly bean leak or wait for the official release.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Thats a good point. I hate to think "if it aint broke, then don't fix it" and then the official release is worse/better than the unintentional release.

Also a reason I haven't (yet) gone ahead and installed the circles widget. My maxx is running so good right now I'd hate to mess anything up.

David

aarong03

Reaction score
Thats a good point. I hate to think "if it aint broke, then don't fix it" and then the official release is worse/better than the unintentional release.

Also a reason I haven't (yet) gone ahead and installed the circles widget. My maxx is running so good right now I'd hate to mess anything up.

David

That's why I was asking. I get 50 hrs plus with my maxx. It some tweaking but I got it. Also one thing I've noticed, ever since the jelly bean leak my cpu has been running quite a bit in the background. Not sure why or if it is just a coincidence. Anyways, I'm with you though, going to wait and then even wait till I start to see feedback on the official Jelly Bean release comes out.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Is this the final ota Jelly Bean update for Droid RAZR Maxx

The short answer is no. It was mistakenly released early and is presumed to be an almost final version. Some have said that they have heard that the final version will come sometime in the first quarter of this year. (between now and the end of March)

You can manually do the update by following the instructions here on the forum or you can wait until the final version comes out. Some of us have taken the plunge early and manually updated and the experience spans the spectrum from some people having all sorts of problems to others (myself included) seeing great improvements.

David

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Is this the final ota Jelly Bean update for Droid RAZR Maxx
I don't think anyone knows the answer to that for sure, but there has to be some logical reason why this update was only available for a few hours and then yanked. Maybe there were errors with it? Maybe the update was accidentally made available? I think usually there's a "soak test" which lasts for a couple of days. This doesn't seem to be the case, though. Based on user comments on this thread, the official OTA update will be available this month. However, I think your best source of information may be on this Motorola forum post. It currently reads Q1 2013, which means anytime between Jan 1st and the end of March.

Edit: Someone beat me to it. :p

Edit #2: I just looked at the link I posted. Looks like the Q1 2013 comment was removed and now only indicating that it will be upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1, not specifying when.

bsghs02

Reaction score
Did the notification bar use to work in ICS after the phone locked (with a pattern) or is this a JB bug? Does anyone elses still work after being locked? Or any thoughts on how to remedy it?

clover408

Reaction score
I updated already and just want to know if this is the final one for Jelly Bean

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I updated already and just want to know if this is the final one for Jelly Bean

Probably not cuz they yanked it shortly after making it available. We'll find out eventually if it was or not and if they're going to do anything for those that did update and got something different than the final version.