Jelly Bean prediction

jhom

Reaction score
Now that our beloved Bionic has ICS, I am going to predict that we get JB by early January. We are now in line with the Razrs and there shouldn't be alot of difficulty getting the JB update. :biggrin:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that our beloved Bionic has ICS, I am going to predict that we get JB by early January. We are now in line with the Razrs and there shouldn't be alot of difficulty getting the JB update. :biggrin:

Have yet to see the Bionic on any JB update lists for Moto, but also hasn't been excluded. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hopefully it will see JB, but it will be later than January that's for sure.

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Have yet to see the Bionic on any JB update lists for Moto, but also hasn't been excluded. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hopefully it will see JB, but it will be later than January that's for sure.

Not sure if you had the chance to check out this official page from Motorola, but the Bionic is scheduled to receive Jellybean "Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)"

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c?utm_source

J

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
Rumor has it that the 247 leak had the necessary JB patch for the Bionic. If so, then I would guess that we will get the patch in the near future as soon as the ICS update has settled.

jadesaber2

Reaction score
Rumor has it that the 247 leak had the necessary JB patch for the Bionic. If so, then I would guess that we will get the patch in the near future as soon as the ICS update has settled.

Newer rumor has it that the 246 update had the JB-enabling patch all along, and that 247 was a decoy update to throw VZW off.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice, last time I checked Bionic wasn't on the list, awesome news for you bionic owners. hopefully the turn around time will be a lot quick since the jump from ICS to JB is a lot smaller than GB to ICS.

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
Newer rumor has it that the 246 update had the JB-enabling patch all along, and that 247 was a decoy update to throw VZW off.

That's even better. I am sure enjoying ICS. JB will make the Bionic sweetness last a little longer.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
nice, last time I checked Bionic wasn't on the list, awesome news for you bionic owners. hopefully the turn around time will be a lot quick since the jump from ICS to JB is a lot smaller than GB to ICS.

I agree. JB doesn't seem as big an update as GB to ICS. Although, I'm content with ICS for now. Very stable and my phone is much faster than with GB.

J

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. JB doesn't seem as big an update as GB to ICS. Although, I'm content with ICS for now. Very stable and my phone is much faster than with GB.

J

GB just had to go lol too outdated, ICS is nice. The jump to JB I think would be easier since its the same kernel source, as far as I know, and with JB out for this long already I would like to think Moto already has a knowledge of it and is already looking at JB on the Bionic. We shall see.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
GB just had to go lol too outdated, ICS is nice. The jump to JB I think would be easier since its the same kernel source, as far as I know, and with JB out for this long already I would like to think Moto already has a knowledge of it and is already looking at JB on the Bionic. We shall see.

I agree! And, you know eventually the JB code will be uploaded to Google's servers soon whereas we'll be able to pull it and use it before its official release... Keeping fingers crossed!

J

DxL

Reaction score
That Would Make Me So Disappointed.
It does say we will receive Jelly Bean. But No specific Date Though :(. I just hope its not another year.