Jelly Bean Awarded "Technology of the Year"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
jellybean_2.png

Here's some great news for Google and their delightfully sweet OS known as Jelly Bean. Chosen from all the products Infoworld has reviewed, tested, worked with, explored, and relied on throughout the year, they have awarded Jelly Bean "Technology of the Year" in mobile OS. This shouldn't come as a surprise, because the OS has spurned so much innovation in regards to hardware that it is next to impossible to ignore the influence it has had in the mobile space. It's quite astounding to see how far Google's OS has come and one can only imagine where it is going. Congratulations Team Google!

Via: InfoWorld

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Arguably Google's best Android OS thus far. JB finally gave android fans the smooth os that we wanted and begged for since many of us with the og droid tried to achieve by oc our droids. Project butter helped propel android to the top making it the favorite os and even surpassing ios for the first time since the android v ios rivalry. So I am not surprised with the award because finally the rest on the world see what we see that android has come a long way and android fans have waited patiently for this moment.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think Google Now was also a huge part in getting the award too. For myself, I use it alot more often then I thought I would and I pull it up numerous times a day. Getting everything I want in one screen (reminders, scores, emails, commute, etc.) all have made daily tasks easier. Project Butter has completely spoiled me as well and there was no way I could go back to ICS, it really does make navigating the phone more enjoyable. Took longer than what we all expected to get that smoothness, but Google got it right. :hail:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Google Now was also a huge part in getting the award too. For myself, I use it alot more often then I thought I would and I pull it up numerous times a day. Getting everything I want in one screen (reminders, scores, emails, commute, etc.) all have made daily tasks easier. Project Butter has completely spoiled me as well and there was no way I could go back to ICS, it really does make navigating the phone more enjoyable. Took longer than what we all expected to get that smoothness, but Google got it right. :hail:

I agree. Jelly Bean is nice, Project Butter is nice....but Google Now is amazing. Overall...Jelly Bean is so nice many people forget about Honey Comb. Might also have to do with Honey Combs was officially only for tablets.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never got a taste of Honeycomb but Jelly Bean on my tf700 is great. Silky smooth and packed full of useful features. And people why I always choose Android over Apple, I just give them my stuff and let them play with it for a little bit.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. Jelly Bean is nice, Project Butter is nice....but Google Now is amazing. Overall...Jelly Bean is so nice many people forget about Honey Comb. Might also have to do with Honey Combs was officially only for tablets.

I actually preferred Honeycomb on my tablet over ICS that's on it now. ICS shrunk the fonts on everything and has started having the same glitches again that were solved with 3.2

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy

RL52

Reaction score
jelly bean works like a charm, but i still missing a decent (cloud based) backup solution and a better implementation for headphone remotes.
if google would fix that, at least the backup thing, then android is striving for perfection :)
the only sad thing is, that just 10% are running jb :(