JB and foxfi.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have never had a problem like that with my S3's note 2 or my razor maxx. How strong is your signal before you turn on Foxfi?

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I tried turning on my hot spot and it informed me that i would have to subscribe to it. I'm going with its ok when fox turns it on when you activate it.

drpaul07

Reaction score
Saw this thread and thought I'd ask if anyone knows about this weird issue i'm having. FoxFi always worked perfectly for me. Now after the JB update, it does automatically turn on the mobile hotspot (which is fine cuz I actually pay for that, dumb I know). The thing is whenever I use the Mobile Hotspot app, my 4g will completely drop out almost every time I try to click a link or load a webpage or anything. Then when I stop doing anything, the 4g icon will reappear on my phone...then disappear again as soon as I try to do something on my laptop! Its really weird and super annoying. This never happened when I used foxfi. And now that its automatically activating mobile hotspot, my 4g drops constantly. Like it doesn't even switch to 3g, it actually disappears for a few seconds, then will reappear. Anyone ever heard of that or know how to fix this? Thanks. Sorry if this is kinda in the wrong thread.

My 4g strength is always fine when i don't have mobile hotspot activated. It never drops out. I live in a big city so the signal is real good. 4g only drops out after I try to use mobile hotspot. I should mention that this same thing happened with my previous phone (droid charge) also. I'm hoping foxfi just updates their app, so it doesn't automatically activate Mobile Hotspot.. :/

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
At this point foxfi isnt working on jellybean

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2
It seems many people have found that FoxFi is working with JB. Have you tried it recently? I see that the Play store site still says it isn't working with JB, but based on this forum it seems that the play store may be wrong.

drew

Reaction score
My experience with FoxFi after the JB update:

The Hotspot icon gets activated in the status bar, and a "click here to set up" appears.
i was able to surf using Chrome, but I was unable to use any apps that used internet (Dropbox, G+, Facebook). It was odd behavior. I did not purchase the full version, so I don't know if that is an additional limitation to separate me from my $7.

djnolo

Reaction score
My question is, why does my MAXX after my 4.1.2 update search for a service subscription and then give me a message to contact my service provider?

No MAXXation without representation!

dewmonkey6

Reaction score
From what i have heard only the sprint S3 people are having problems with the new PDANET+ foxfi because sprint has disabled the teathering feature in jellybean. I am looking for a way arround that issue.